You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:29 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Spring 2006 Issue
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:44 pm 

I loved the spring issue. We have been going through "snow mold" related issues for the past few weeks with my youngest, and the article on hayfever and seasonal allergies was just what I needed. Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:02 pm 

it's funny--i was actually thinking before the magazine arrived that i should have sent a question to 'ask the allergist' about whether i ought to be planting flowers! for the past several years, I've had a small balcony garden in my apartment. was thinking about not planting flowers at all this year-- i don't have air conditioning so any pollen would drift right into my apartment. Anyways, after reading the magazine, i decided to go ahead and plant my flowers but to take my copy of AL magazine with me when I choose my plants.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 4:41 pm 

I just wanted to say that I loved Laurie Harada's article "The Unexpected Upside of a Child's Serious Allergies", written about her son Julian. I thought it was beautifully written and a tribute to her son -- it brought tears to my eyes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:31 pm 

I read every issue from cover to cover, and this issue is no exception! I'm really enjoying this issue as well. I agree ethansmom... Laurie Harada's article was very touching and beautifully written. I was also very interested to read about the research being done utilizing Chinese herb treatment - it will be interesting to follow the updates on this, or any other treatment showing promise.

Thank you Allergic Living staff for another great issue!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:03 am 

Can anyone tell me which newstands in the Toronto area sell the Spring 2006 issue? I have a subscription but the person who collects my mail in Canada has mistakenly recycled it! I prefer to buy from the newstand than ordering a back issue. Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:44 am 

Chapters is the only place I know of selling it. And I don't think it's available in all Chapters.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:57 am 

The magazine is available at most Chapters and Indigo locations, and at some health food stores. If you can't find it on the newsstand, it will be available through the website shortly.

Dory

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:14 pm 

I've been having some trouble with the forum. For example, on this thread, I see that Dory was the last to post here, but when I clicked on the thread, the last message I see is saskmommyof2's.

Is there something wrong with my computer settings? Or are other people having trouble too?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:15 pm 

Now after posting, all the messages show up! Very weird.
I noticed that mine was the first of the disappearing messages---that might not be a coincidence. (i.e. maybe posts only disappear if I have posted in the thread.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:58 am 

Lisa - Some ideas:

1. Make sure you've first logged in. I though I was having trouble with things too - I would look at the forums and it looked like there weren't any new posts -- when there were! But then I realized I was not logged in... Once I logged in, I was fine.

2. You could try doing a Refresh if it's been awhile since you last looked at things online. That might make a difference.

If things continue to not seem right, could you try to keep a record of what is going on and the circumstances? It makes it easier for our webmaster to troubleshoot things if he has all the details.

Thanks - and hope this helps!

K.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:29 pm 

Hi Karen, thanks for the tips. It looks like it is my computer and not the forum. :oops: I've been having trouble with another site too--I was wondering why in the world the Big Carrot hadn't posted their April flyer. I wrote them and they said it *was* posted. Refreshing the screen works in both cases. Oddly enough, this particular page always needs to be refreshed, but the other pages on this site come through just fine. Will run a virus check!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:47 pm 

Lisa, I don't know a lot about computers - but I believe the problem has to do with cookies. Every now and then I have my husband dump them all and it cleans up all the boards for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 5:39 am 

Lisa,

If you have Explorer, click on "Tools" then "Internet Options" then "Delete Cookies". Just be aware that if you're set to log on automatically on some forums, you will have to re-enter your log in info and password.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:37 pm 

Hi AnnaMarie and Storm, Thanks for the suggestion. This is great--I get good allergy *and* computer advice here!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 11:22 am 
Site Admin

FYI, for those who've asked here or e-mailed us at info@allergicliving.com:

- Magazine is now available on this site - go to homepage, click under 'All Issues' tab and follow steps to purchase.
- It will also be in most Chapter's locations by late next week. /Gwen