You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:18 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:38 am 

Hi gang -

I've had a wonderful time acting as the Talking Allergies moderator for the past 2+ years, but the time has come for me to step down, as of the end of this month. I just have too much on my plate (working full time, leader of the local support group, family, and more), and I just have to let a few things go.

It was a very difficult decision, and one that I put off for quite awhile, because I truly love all the allergy-related things that I do. But I have to think of my own quality of life and that of my family too.

I am not leaving, and will continue to post, as I really enjoy being able to share with this community and learn from all of you as well.

And best of all, I know that you will be in the very caring and capable hands of Susan, who has agreed to become the Talking Allergies moderator full-time, starting April 1st.

So it's not farewell.... just a slight shift in responsibilities. :)

K.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:05 am 
Site Admin

Karen, thank you, thank you so much again for the wonderful job you've done over the past years as AL's "Talking Allergies" moderator. Your combination of allergy knowledge, research skills, level head and sense of humour were something all of us benefited from.

I know how busy you are, and hope that in turning over these duties at the month's end, you get a little more free time with Claude and the boys. Of course, we regular participants still look forward to chatting with you as a participant - just not the mod. All the best to you.

I'd also like to re-introduce and welcome Susan as our new moderator. Most of you know Susan, and know that she has a young daughter with allergies to dairy, eggs and nuts and asthma. Susan has been a terrific contributor for some time on these boards. She brings strong allergy knowledge, good research skills and always inventive parenting ideas to the table.

She has also filled in in past for Karen as mod. Susan, with you in the chair, I feel confident that the Talking Allergies forum will continue to be in good hands and well nurtured.

Please everyone welcome Susan, and join me in thanking Karen for an amazing run as mod.
Three cheers to both! :D

Gwen

Last edited by gwentheeditor on Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: A Special Thank-You :)
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:07 am 

Dear Karen,

You are such an awesome advocate!! and I really appreciate everything you and your family have done for the allergy community in helping to raise awareness and support.

Take care
Sincerely
Joelle

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:34 pm 
Site Admin

Karen is an awsome person. I have always admired her dedication to increasing awareness about food allergies and in providing opportunities for familes to come together and support each other.

I belong to the same support group as she (I believe she founded it) and so my family and I have always benefited from her good works.

I saw my assisting her, as a way of giving back and now I am honoured to walk in her foot steps.

I think that this forum is the nicest group of people I have ever worked with. I really don't see any of the politics here that I have seen elsewhere. I suspect that it is because we have a common purpose.

Me: allergies to some tree that flowers in May
Cat: allergic to beef, pork and lamb

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:05 am 

Well, now I am blushing. :oops: Thanks guys.

I didn't actually found the OASG - believe it or not, it's been around for over 15 years now, but I am proud of what it has become in the last few years. And proud of this forum as well.

:) K.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:50 pm 

Thanks, Karen, for all the time you've given to this board and for your thoughtful advice! I'm not posting as much myself anymore, but I'm glad that you'll still be around when I check in. And thanks, Susan, for taking up the baton!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:44 pm 

It's been my pleasure. :)

K.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:01 pm 

Thank you for all of your work here Karen. It is appreciated. I am glad to hear that you will still be active in the forum! Thank you Susan for stepping up to take over.