You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:06 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Divvies
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:46 pm 

Got their recipe book a little while ago. It has some great recipes. I made the carrot cake recipe and it is so good. Anyone try any of their products yet?

http://www.divvies.com/

Post subject: Re: Divvies
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:11 pm 

Yes, a few years ago ordered some cookies. They really are quite delicious. Amazing texture and taste. Expensive for sure (especially with shipping), but when you consider the cost of any "designer" cookies (eg Cookies by George) they're in keeping with that.

Sweet Impressions in Winnipeg now carries many of their non-baked products - jelly beans, chocolate chips, popcorn, etc.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:33 pm 

WOW!! Just had my first Divvies cookies--chocolate chip. They are absolutely amazing--probably the best packaged cookie I've ever had.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:26 pm 

Where did you buy it soccermom?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:18 pm 

I got them at Seaworld in Orlando. (Sorry animal lovers). But I plan to check out their website to see if I can find them closer to home.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:58 am 

Whenever we holiday in America we have a few cases delivered to our hotel so we can bring them home without the absurd international shipping fees. Divvies cookies are extremely convenient for those days when you don't have a safe treat on hand and have to go out somewhere. They taste pretty good too - the molasses ginger ones are my favourite. We keep them in the freezer and take a package (2 cookies) whenever we don't have other treats in the cupboard.

Their chocolate treats are really good too - we have a dinosaur in the fridge right now. :) The chocolate caramel popcorn is also really good but doesn't keep very long. Great for movies!!

Otherwise, we first tried them at Walt Disney World and then someone we met on that same holiday ordered a gift box and had it delivered to us to try - and now all our relatives and friends with allergies do the same thing as we do - ordering them in America whilst on holidays and bringing them home. :)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:44 pm 

:thanksign for posting this.....it all looks so good! Definitely checking this all out!

dh-allergy cats, bugspray and guava, outgrew egg allergy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:55 pm 
Site Admin

Lol, we need to plan an allergy road trip! Find a cheap motel with a kitchenette just over the boarder and order massive amounts of allergy aware items...then sell them back home!

We'd need to stay a week to maximize the allowable duty-free...

Me: allergies to some tree that flowers in May
Cat: allergic to beef, pork and lamb

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:18 pm 

I am so in for that....just wait til I get my old van repainted.....and DD and I will bring our own kitchen. :mrgreen: :pipe

dh-allergy cats, bugspray and guava, outgrew egg allergy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:27 pm 

I saw on the Divvies website that they are listed as available at Whole Foods in Toronto. I haven't been there yet. Has anyone looked for Divvies at Whole Foods?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:05 am 

I agree about the shipping. I used to purchase through Nonuttin, but then they stopped carrying them, and I ordered through Divvies directly. I had asked Divvies about shipping, duty and customs and was told that in addition to shipping, I wouldn't pay more than 10% for customs/duty fees. Seemed ok, so I ordered only to be told at delivery that I owed $30 for a $60 package of cookies, to the carrier (Fedex or UPS). I was shocked at this cost and refused the package. The rep I spoke to at Divvies, who was the person who quoted me the 10% duty in the first place, was pissed at me for refusing the package as they had customs destroy it because it wasn't worth it for them ship it back. She very reluctantly refunded my money. So that left a bad taste in my mouth, which is too bad, because they were good cookies!