Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:30 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Blendtec blender Recipes
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:08 pm 

Hi.

I recently purchased a Blendtec Blender to help me cope with my allergies to most bad food additives and preservatives.

Although I've only used the blender maybe 2 or 3 times, I am pretty happy with my purchase and highly suggest getting one if you have a similar allergy as what I have.

My question is I was wondering if any members on this forum use a Blendtec Blender or a Vitamix Blender to help them with preparing their meals, and if yes do you have any recipes for the blender that you wish to share? I'm open to any recipe although I'm more looking for soup and dessert recipes to start with.

The blender does come with a recipe book however a lot of the food ingredients in the recipe book I'm allergic to and are very hard to substitude such as beef bullion cube and/or beef stock as I can't have beef stock/cube unless its made fresh.

I've send the company an email to inquire if they have some sort of forum for owners of a Blendtec or Vitamix blender that share recipes.

This might sound funny but because the blender is so powerful I'm noticing the recipes I've always used the portion sizes are too much, such as 2 cups of milk is way too much for the blender, not because it can't handle it, but because you don't need that much with the blender because its so good.

Anyway just thought I'd ask and my only other option is to check the internet for substitutions guide.

Thanks for listening/reading.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:28 pm 

I have a Vitamix and love it!

My blender came with a huge cookbook of recipes from soups to ice creams. We also use it to 'grate' vegetables for soups or baking.

We love using it to make ice creams, sorbets (100% frozen fruit with a little 100% fruit juice), pumpkin or chocolate pie filling (using silken tofu), smoothies, blended soups (broccoli potato, tomato, carrot ginger, strawberry, cucumber mint), pasta sauce, etc. We use it several times per week!

For now, I recommend the homemade ice creams. 1 frozen banana + whatever flavour you want + a splash of milk (coconut, soy, rice, dairy, whatever), blend it until thick and smooth, and enjoy. mmm...

If you want a recipe in particular I can pull one from my cookbooks and send it to you.

Good luck!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:08 pm 

Yes, I do want recipes.

I've sent you a PM.

If anyone else has either a Blendetec or Vitamix blender since they are somewhat similar in power please let me know of any recipes that you use that are not in the included in the recipe book.

Thanks.