Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:23 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: AlertWear - allergy wear
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:13 pm 

Hi all -

Thought you might be interested in a new Canadian company called AlertWear. Their website is www.alertwear.com and they launched in Ontario about a month or so ago. The parents started the company because of their peanut allergic daughter.

They have three lines of all non-metal awareness products: AlertWear, AllergyWear and IdentWear.

They design and produce lots of stuff under each brand line for people with food allergies and medical conditions.

They have very cute t-shirts - you can see those at http://www.alertwear.com/store/home.php?cat=104 .

Lots more information about the company and their products can be found at their web site.

K.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:58 pm 

I went to go order from them because I decided to have them send it to my friend in New Westminster and I'd go pick it up. I can't do it. They don't let you put in two addresses, one for billing and one for shipping on the web. So, you have to send things to your billing address. Oh, and if your billing address isn't in Canada, you can't order from them at all on the internet. I think that's pretty crappy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:23 pm 

I totally understand your disappointment. Those of us in Canada have that same problem with wanting to purchase from the US too. More times than not a US company will not ship to Canada, and if they do we have to worry about crazy shipping charges and then huge duty taxes just to get the package over the border. Sometimes the cost of shipping and duty fees match or go over the cost of the item we're looking to buy. Oh -- and then let's talk about currency exchange rates.... :wink: There's probably some legal reason why they can't yet ship to the US -- why not drop them a line to find out? Maybe they'll be able to figure out a way to make the transaction for you -- I'm sure they'd love your money... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:50 am 

Hi, I am the owner of AlertWear and ethansmom is correct!! Right now the duty fees for shipping to the US are extremely high.

However, that being said, our company is hoping to be able to ship to the US in the next couple of months.

We are currently looking into the costs and trying to figure out a solution that offers our US customers a reasonable rate for shipping and duty.

Honugirl, if you would like to PM me, maybe we can find a solution for you. :)

Please bear with us while we try to sort out all the red tape - and thanks ethansmom for your insightful post!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:21 pm 

Thanks Sue. I will give you guys a call. It just surprised me that there was only a thing to order if you were Canadian. I'm used to having the Billing and the Shipping address able to be separated. I'm just having a frustrating week! Nothing I want to do is going correctly.