You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:36 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:44 pm 
Site Admin

I recently came across this video created for AllergyHome.Org by Dr. Michael Pistiner MD, MMSc a pediatric allergist for Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates and an instructor of pediatrics at Children’s Hospital Boston, Harvard Medical School. He is a member of the American Academy of Allergy Asthma & Immunology as well as a fellow in the American Academy of Pediatrics and a member of its Council on School Health.

This 6 minute video is packed with information and touches on the psychological and social aspects of food allergies. Because it was created in the USA, the following priority food allergens are omitted sesame, mustard and sulphites, but still it's a great resource!

http://tinyurl.com/3s9fdud

Me: allergies to some tree that flowers in May
Cat: allergic to beef, pork and lamb

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:54 pm 

I must send this around...because my division apparently has NOTHING. jmo ( :lol: everything i say is my opinion...who else's would it be?) It is a sad state of affairs here if the presentations are anything like the ones I have seen. The last one I attended there was no mention of anywhere to go for info, till the very end when I told them there was an online e-module that Ab. Ed. had.

What year was this put together I wonder.

dh-allergy cats, bugspray and guava, outgrew egg allergy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:56 pm 
Site Admin

I believe it is just out now! 49 seconds in, when they speak of the statistics of children with allergies, they reference (Gupta et al. Pedeatrics 128: 1: July 2011. e9-e17) :thumbsup

Me: allergies to some tree that flowers in May
Cat: allergic to beef, pork and lamb