Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:20 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Food Additive Guide
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:53 am 

Hello everyone.

I'd like to share something with you all. It's a REALLY GOOD guide on food additives and preservatives.

It explains exactly what they are, if you should avoid them completely, caution, certain people should avoid or if they are safe as some of them have scary names on labels at grocery stores but in fact some are not bad for you.

I actually got it off a website, but I made it into a pdf for easy printing and so its easier to read.

It has a brief introduction I wrote as well as the original introduction that was present in it's earlier version that I think was well done as for some reason they excluded it on their website.

I've attached two different files. One is the Table of Contents. This way you can look up the additive quickly since its roughly 40 pages long and it won't take you five hours to find it! :)

The other file is the guide itself. I HIGHLY SUGGEST printing it in color and bringing it with you to the grocery store.

One thing I love is it actually warns if studies have been done on blank additive to be well known to have problems with people who have allergies.

It took me many hours to make it into a better viewable document than what is on the website. Hopefully it helps and if it does, please let me know, even though I didn't write the guide its nice to know I made a difference.

If for some reason you can't download the attached file, download it for free here: (524 kb)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GQ3L274R

You can download the table of contents for free here: (1.4 MB)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8HTCMATM

The website version of the guide can be found at:

http://www.cspinet.org/reports/chemcuisine.htm

Enjoy!

Post subject: Re: Food Additive Guide
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:29 pm 

Great document! We've been using the print version of this for years. I see some things have been updated since the 2008 version I have - Thank you for sharing the link. :)

Post subject: Re: Food Additive Guide
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:02 pm 

No problem.

Before joining this site I also had the 2008 version and was surprised how many updates they have added.

I sent the guy an email on their website thanking them for creating the guide and how much of a help it is for my normal everyday life.