You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:26 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: New baby..
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:28 pm 

Our new baby is due March 1st, but I just realised that I have almost nothing thought out or planned, and it's going to require more planning this time for sure.

I don't really have any family living close that I trust to understand the full extent of my daughters allergies, and I don't want to be going to the hospital worrying constantly about her. My husband wants to be with me in the delivery room, and i'd love him to be there as well, but then we'll need someone to watch our daughter. She'll be 15 months old at that time (about..) Any ideas? I'm still feeding her the bottled baby food at times which makes it easier for advanced planning of meals at least.

Post subject: Re: New baby..
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:31 pm 

Is there an adult you trust that you could start now having over while you are home to help you and your little one feel comfortable? You could teach your routines and observe how confortable your child and the babysitter are with one another. You may want to try a few people this way, friends,neighbours,co-workers. I also did not have family closeby so I would have a baby sitter come over to give me a chance to get the ballet costume sewn initially. I had all food ready so there was no preparation needed. Eventually I felt comfortable to go out and run errands or go to a meeting. I always had a cellphone with me so I could be reached.
Good luck!

Post subject: Re: New baby..
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:56 pm 

I think i'll do that soon, it's hard to find a sitter in my area that speaks english. The people I know from the area all work, so I can't depend on them at any time. I may end up calling my sister, who lives 1.5 hours away if i'm really in a rut and hope she can drive up. Either way, after the baby is born, i'm going to need to find a sitter I can count on because I need to get out of the house eventually, the paranoia of all of her allergies isn't really healthy, and I have to start getting used to the idea that I wont always be there.