You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:09 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 9:51 am 

http://www.cbc.ca/video/#/Shows/Doc_Zone/ID=1405930535

This documentary is about an hour long but if you have time it is worth every minute. WOW WOW WOW!! I can relate on so many levels, we really try not to over parent but I see more now where we do in fact hyper parent ourselves. What I really relate to is the pressure and insinuation of bad parenting we get from others regarding us not hyper parenting to the extent others do. The raised eyebrows and comments about us choosing not to overwhelm our kids with activities/enhancement tutoring, etc. (including our 2 1/2 year old son!!!). The comments seem to be generic, don't we want whats best for our kids, don't we want to give them every advantage, don't we understand the importance for our kids future and how we could damage our kids chances in the future by not doing all these extra things. I also totally agree and see constantly the annoying coddled children, their parents step in every 20 seconds and talk for the kids, problem solve for the kids, everything always has to be fair even though life isn't fair and all situations can't and shouldn't be fair or equal.
If the link won't work just cut and past it to your web user. Again, worth every minute if you can find time.

Outgrew eggs, fish, shellfish

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 8:28 pm 

Thanks for this link. Great documentary that we should all watch. I hope I'm not as bad as some of the parents in this show. It's a great reminder that we have to let our kids make mistakes and live their own lives.