Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:46 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Shrine Circus
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:32 am 
Site Admin

My mum and I took dd and her 3 1/2 year old cousin to the Shrine Circus in Hamilton last night! :D
The girls had a fine time. We were able to get 2 for the price of 1 coupons from the Shrine Circus website and the program was only $1.00 so that was reasonable.

After much to-ing anf fro-ing with Simon Roach, Executive Chef, Copps Coliseum, it was his suggestion that we bring dd's food and I was given the name of the GM of the food service in case the ushers/security had any issue with this.

We brought some Rolled Gold Pretzels, some Kool-Aid Jammers, Karnival Fluff Cotton Candy (Les Ailments PAPCO Foods Inc.), plenty of wipes and some glow sticks from the dollar store. :happydance

The girls were thrilled to have cotton candy and dd's cousin is in awe of dd so having the same as her was a thrill. The customer service rep advised me that the cotton candy was the only product manufactered in the plant and that "It was nothing but sugar." (well it does have some colouring and flavouring :roll: ) It's good enough for me, I'm learning to check as best as I can and to trust that I can handle any reaction that might occur effectively. I don't want one to happen but I want dd to have as many experiences as possible and nothing is 100% safe. (I don't expect all readers to agree with me and that's OK)

It was an uneventful evening allergy-wise. We may have had some sore throats from all the hooting and hollaring that went on. Cake and ice cream for a post circus snack and fruit kabobs for breakfast. The girls are out back blowing bubbles with grandma as I type.

What a lot of fun they're having! :banana

Me: allergies to some tree that flowers in May
Cat: allergic to beef, pork and lamb

Post subject: Re: Shrine Circus
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:12 am 

Susan that sounds like so much fun. Was the cotton candy by ailment the bag your bought and took with you or bought from the circus vendor???

Quote:
I can and to trust that I can handle any reaction that might occur effectively. I don't want one to happen but I want dd to have as many experiences as possible and nothing is 100% safe

I totally agree, more and more I am trying to open up DS to more experiences. I can see us doing more and more as he gets older. Reactions will happen I know, but I'm prepared and know how to handle one. I don't don't want him to miss out on life thinking a reaction may happen, and if one does happen, then we'll deal with it.
I'm so happy for R., cotton candy, the circus, bubbles...those make great childhood memories.

Outgrew eggs, fish, shellfish

Post subject: Re: Shrine Circus
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:12 pm 
Site Admin

We purchased it at No Frills which is a subsidiary of Loblaws.

Me: allergies to some tree that flowers in May
Cat: allergic to beef, pork and lamb