You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:52 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:18 pm 

How come Mr Griffiths (whom I believe is running for the leader of the pc party, who has been leading the province of Alberta forever) spoke against this motion but did not vote??
http://www.assembly.ab.ca/ISYS/LADDAR_f ... 01_han.pdf

Hmmmm, speaks against a motion and I think he used to be a principal but doesn't vote :confused

dh-allergy cats, bugspray and guava, outgrew egg allergy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:44 pm 

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/news/Han ... drop_story
Quote:
The census takes place this month at an expected cost to the province of $125,000, and covers a population of roughly 70,000 people altogether.
:verymad :banghead

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:42 am 

Quick update.... Raj Sherman who left the p.c.'s is now the leader of the liberals and the first go around in picking a new leader for the p.c.'s is in a few days. Alberta politics is very weird , but very interesting too. Not much focus on the education part, but lots in the health care....it is always one or the other depending on where those that be want to shine the spotlite and dim the other.
The Alberta Teachers' Association (ATA) rumblings will be getting louder again....contract will be up soon. What happened to the 5 years of quiet we were supposed to get? Although I think since they are the highest paid in the country....they might not be too noisy. I notice some other provinces going through strike talks....it seems to be on a big wheel just going around and around....

The schools are jam packed here .....and it is getting busy in the oilpatch again...and we have to have another provincial election soon too, this fall or by the spring I believe. Busy, busy.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:57 pm 

For anyone interested the next leader for the pc's here in Ab. will more than likely be picked on Oct 01-that's right around the corner and that person will be the Premier of Alberta (for now, anyhow).

Three left, Horner, Mar and Redford and they will be debating at 6:30 Live on Global tv. I think you can listen live on their website. (no tv in my kitchen).

In another corner,so to speak, Hugh MacDonald is throwing in the towel with politics, too bad, I liked him. He was the Liberal fella that brought forward that motion here March 15, 2010.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:54 pm 

Well, we have a "Premier Designate" here in Alberta. Alison Redford is our first WOMAN to be running the province.

It just keeps getting more interesting as it goes....I know not too much about her but learning....just going around the talk radio stations today....up the dial every once in a while....get to know her while I get chores done. Maybe there will be some changes in that ol' boy's club. :lol:

Of course health and education are still the big issues when it comes to spending....and things are very busy here, no doubt about that. I find that we just never seem to catch up in the infrastructure when it comes to schools. With the change in technology, you'd think we would be saving some money & trees on paper and books , we could build a few more schools & hospitals....I wonder how much money we will spend on pensions for mla's in the next while now too.

It was a very interesting weekend in Alberta politics. Aren't there some things going on in other provinces? I like to know how things are handled elsewhere. You know, education, health, plus now, I'm thinking about all us "baby boomers" getting older. Being a part of the "sandwich generation" sure keeps a person hopping. There are some interesting pieces in the news on the ASBA site regarding some not so good teachers in Ontario and their being protected by watch dogs....I often wonder where they go? Is it time for that union thing there again too? I wish we had watchdogs in our schools for the kids protection.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:39 pm 

alberta advocate wrote:
http://edmonton.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20110829/EDM_hornerhealth_110829/20110829/?hub=EdmontonHome
Quote:
One platform aimed to have nurses in schools again – Horner said

We discussed this a while ago.
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=6937
Quote:
Tragic asthma case hilites need for U.S. nurses

http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/Alber ... story.html
Quote:
Alberta Liberal party’s new leader will be announced on Sept. 10 in Edmonton.

The talk with the Edmonton Public is about junk food and Morinville kids can go to a public school now.

Anyone else have anything interesting?

Regarding $ in schools ... that 3 million on a police officer in every Calgary classroom. I think Redford got many votes on her giving back the +100 million to education within a VERY( can't remember for sure, but DAYS) short time. It looks very good, but I hope people remember it was the pc's who took it away in the first place. I'm thinking alot of that money will be going to "special education" of which allergies not anymore....so if you have a child dealing with that you should be sure to be checking on how often and what kind of education training is taking place. Just what I think.

On another note though, I just heard through the grapevine that a police officer(not sure what kind???) has an office (???) at the high school.....there has been a big issue out back with the "smoking pit" apparently. Now, if I could get someone to come slow the traffic down at that only exit I would be a happier camper. Teenage drivers :banghead :banghead Ya know, when it's a beauty day and school's out, some just can't hardly control themselves....but yeah for the beauty days.