You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:05 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:05 pm 

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/video/ent-2218 ... 56987.html
..so exciting...one of those books, as soon as you're done reading it you have to read it again....love that...and it's Canadian!

dh-allergy cats, bugspray and guava, outgrew egg allergy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:10 pm 

Wow, that is exciting. I loved that book too! We have to wait until December 2012... oh well, it should be worth the wait.

Another great book due for movie release April 22, 2011 (next week!) is "Water for Elephants". I loved this book too, and I can't wait to see the movie!!

12 yr old son: allergic to peanuts, tree nuts, eggs, fish, sesame, sunflower, mustard, poppy seeds, green peas, some fruits, instructed to avoid all other legumes (except soy & green beans), pollen, cats, horses

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:15 pm 

I will have to read that one, Julie....I don't see many movies...but do like to read and am really easy to watch movies with as I've not seen many...just trying to keep up with what my dd and my sister read, then I see books I've never read and want to....and now this forum....I do love to read tho....Roberta Paterson....was he in that vampire movie?....read that first book, not my type of book, my daughters either, had to see what the fuss was about....never saw the movie. ...checking "Water for Elephants" on the net looks good though. Have you read "Pillars of the Earth"?......my favouite book...have not seen the t.v. show.

dh-allergy cats, bugspray and guava, outgrew egg allergy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:16 pm 

I LOVE to read and have read all my life except for when my children were very young and I had no time for anything. I've not read Pillars of the Earth, but I will look for it. I'm in a bookclub (our husbands call it the wine club :wink: ), and what I really love about it is the exposure to many different books that I might not have selected on my own. "Life of Pi" was actually our very first book! You are right, Robert Pattinson (and Reese Witherspoon) are in the upcoming "Water for Elephants". Don't be put off by "Mr. Vampire"... I've seen him in a couple of other movies, and he is capable of playing a very different role... In another thread on this forum is a discussion of some favourite books. It's nice to read for pleasure, and not only parenting and allergy material :wink: .

12 yr old son: allergic to peanuts, tree nuts, eggs, fish, sesame, sunflower, mustard, poppy seeds, green peas, some fruits, instructed to avoid all other legumes (except soy & green beans), pollen, cats, horses

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:28 pm 

It will be interesting to see what they do with the Life of Pi movie. It was a fantastic book!

I also liked Water for Elephants and hope to see that too (when it comes to iTunes).

DS1 - Allergic to Horses, Cats, Dogs - Asthma, Eczema
DS2 - Allergic to Cats - Eczema, Asthma