You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:08 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:28 pm 

http://www.albertaprimetime.com/Stories.aspx?pd=2459

We discuss this here quite often. Last nite I watched this program on Access. I really like this show. Anyway, if anyone is interested to watch, here it is....I think we (Alberta) are behind on this discussion.....although it was brought up in this school division before. viewtopic.php?f=48&t=5758&start=30
Quote:
In February of 2008, an article in my hometown paper peaked my interest.

It was titled Trustee concerned with junk food. Near the end of this report a trustee was quoted as saying "I'd be happy for the school councils to make the descision. Perhaps they can offer recommendations. It's still up to the parents what they put in their child's lunch. You can say 'Don't pack peanut butter sandwiches,' for safety, but I'm not sure about pop."

In June of 2008, an article titled Student medical treatment was printed.

Quote:
Parkland school Division anticipated it will be reviewing all of its policies over the next year. For that reason, trustee Richard Gilchrist asked why a policy on administering medical treatment to students was brought before the board at Tuesday night's meeting.
"Administering medical treatment to students is an area that is more complex as we educate children," replied assistant superintendent Ben Beil. "It's more complex as we see more children with more complex and severe medical needs."
Gilchrist said the board was averaging four policies per monthe to update, many which had very little change to the existing policies.
Trustee Elsie Kinsey agreed, but said that this one should be given a top priority.
The board voted unanimously to accept the policy and will take Gilchrist's suggestion into consideration.

Well, as you can imagine, my interest was peaked more so I called for an appointment.

dh-allergy cats, bugspray and guava, outgrew egg allergy