You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:28 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: A Special Thank-You
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:25 pm 

I cannot thank all of the people at this forum enough for all of the invaluable information they have shared with me and my family.
I was hosting a Jack and Jill baby shower in Toronto for my brother and his wife and I am not from that area. I had the cake ordered from Cakes by Robert and we also ordered their cookies which were phenomenal . My child has severe pa and he is 9 years old and this is the first party where I was able to tell my child to enjoy the bakery desserts!! I was able to enjoy them as well because I was not scared of worrying about giving my child a kiss goodnight.
On Sunday, we went to Amazing Donuts on the way out of town and for the first time my child ordered donuts from a donut shop and was thrilled. The lady was so kind and patient when he chose the donuts to bring home as she knew he had never been able to do this before.
WHAT A WONDERFUL SET OF EXPERIENCES YOU ALL HAVE HELPED MY CHILD HAVE from the information you put forth on this forum. (and the joy of being a parent watching my child's eyes sparkle!!)

Sincerely,
Joelle

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:55 pm 

Joelle - I'm so glad that you and your child had such a good experience. That's wonderful!

That, to me, is what this forum is all about - those of us in the allergic community sharing with each other and helping each other and improving each other's quality of life.

:) K.

Post subject: Re: A Special Thank-You
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:53 pm 

Joelle wrote:
My child has severe pa and he is 9 years old and this is the first party where I was able to tell my child to enjoy the bakery desserts!!

What is such a small thing for others is such a big thing for the food allergic! I know exactly how you feel and to see your child's face light up with excitement is such an amazing thing. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:25 pm 

Those experiences can be so important to kids with food allergies---we usually spent Christmas at my grandparents where most food was off limits (my mom brought special Christmas treats . . . but they were handed out to us in moderate quantities). I still remember the one time we had Christmas at our house and I was able to eat absolutely everything . . . I recall eating *way* too many cookies than were good for me. (totally justified my mom rationing them out at other times!)