You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:42 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:57 pm 

I found this terrific whipped "cream" topping at Whole Foods. I'm in Pennsylvania.

It is just like real whipped cream out of a can, which my 6 year old loved. It tastes pretty good too and looks exactly like it.

Its from "Soyatoo!" It says www.soyatoo.com imported fro www.ceresorganics.com

Ingredients: (all organic) soymilk, coconut oil, palm kernal oil, sugar beet syrup, maltodextrin, tataric acid, carrageenan, salt, vanilla.

Take care,
Gina

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:16 pm 

I bought that stuff too. The product is great, but I spent almost $6 on a can for it to work once! I didn't even use very much of it the first time. It leaked all the propellant out and now won't do anything. :cry: Just the story of my life.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:10 am 

honugirl, why don't you try sending the manufacturer an email -- you never know, they might send you a replacement can or a coupon to cover the cost of one??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:30 am 

Dang, I didn't think of that. Good idea Ethansmom. It was a good product. It tasted pretty good after the initial shock that it wasn't "real whipped cream." I'll try it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:26 am 

Nutriwhip sold here in Canada is also an excellent whipped topping to use. It is egg and milk free. It tastes great and is easy to use.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:09 am 

I thought that you had to be sure to get the "lactose-free" version of Nutri-Whip, but I just went to their site at http://www.mapleleaf.com/ConsumerProduc ... D=61%20%20 and it indicates that it's always lactose-free:

Quote:
Nutriwhip products are ideal for lactose intolerant diets as they contain no dairy ingredients.

Has it changed? Didn't you used to have to make sure you got the lactose-free version to ensure you got a dairy-free version? (Am I losing my mind? ;) )

K.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:39 pm 

I just talked to the people at Ceres Organic. They were very nice and very helpful! Apparently what is going on with the product is that the nozzles are different since it comes from Europe and the fact that the product gets stiff in the can. This can be solved by taking the can out for 5-10 minutes before using and listening for the sloshing liquidy sound when shaking it. They are trying to get new labels to say this on the next shipment. They are shipping a new can out to me FedEx.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:16 pm 

Hey - that's great. Good for you to have followed up. And good for them to have such good customer service!

K.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:07 pm 

I'm glad it worked out for you!
My motto is, is never hurts to ask...all they can do is say no.