You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:35 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Bridor Mini-Baguettes
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:18 pm 

I know that Karen has posted about this somewhere on the forum, and the info for this product is also listed on her support group website, but I thought I'd mention that we found it at Costco yesterday.

The product is the Bridor Mini-Baguettes (or baguettines) in the large box in the freezer section. The mini-baguettes come 18 to a box. Just to be on the safe side, since Bridor makes other products in a factory containing nuts and sesame, I called them.

They said that the large box of mini-baguettes sold at Costco is free of peanut, tree-nut and sesame ingredients, and that they plan to update the labels on the boxes soon to indicate this.

Just so you're prepared if you choose to buy it, this is a huge box, and each of the mini-baguettes is about the size of a large submarine sandwich, so be sure you have enough freezer space.

Unfortunately, the representative said that even though some of their other breads are also produced in the safe plant, they don't sell them directly to consumers, but to store bakeries where they might come into contact with various allergens.

If you'd like to speak with Bridor directly to ask follow-up questions (I personally like to hear it directly from the company), their toll-free number is 1.800.361.1450.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:00 pm 

Andrea, Thanks for posting this... next time I go to Costco (which isn't very often) I'm going to look for these. I seem to remember Karen had mentioned that they were not available in Ontario, but I'll check. Did you happen to notice if they are egg-free as well?

12 yr old son: allergic to peanuts, tree nuts, eggs, fish, sesame, sunflower, mustard, poppy seeds, peas, carrots, some fruits, instructed to avoid all other legumes (except soy & green beans), pollen, cats, horses

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:38 pm 

They are also dairy-free and egg-free, and there is no dairy or egg in that plant.

Last I heard they were not available in Ontario.

K.