You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:05 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:52 am 

I was just wondering if anyone knew when we can buy Kyle Dine's music and where we need to go to buy it? My child is thrilled with his music and really relates to the songs. Alot of the time I hear him singing along when I go to the website where you can listen to the music.

thanks,
Joelle
child with PA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:37 pm 

Can't you order it from the web-site?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:19 pm 

I have looked at both locations for the websites my space.com and also kyle Dine.com is under construction right now and could not find a place to buy it .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:11 pm 

Why not send him a PM and ask him? Let us know what you find out...my little guy is walking around the house singing, "I wrote a song, just for me, all about, my allergies.." -- it's too cute. I'd love to pick up the CD too. He also loves the song "epi-man" and wanted to know if they really were superheros for kids with food allergies! It's the cutest thing watching him sit at the computer screen grinning from ear to ear as he listens. It seems as though Kyle's music has helped him "connect" with someone else who has to live with allergies -- it's really made an impact with him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:21 pm 
Site Admin

I will absolutely buy his CD! :D

Me: allergies to some tree that flowers in May
Cat: allergic to beef, pork and lamb

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:44 pm 

Kyle will likely reply when he gets a chance, but I can tell you that he's currently in the recording stage of the CD. He hopes to have it done by March. I know that his kyledine.com site is "under construction" and he hopes to have it up soon. (If anyone knows of a webmaster that is interested in doing some volunteer work to help Kyle, let me know!!)

Kyle's also looking for sponsors (a slow process) since he wants to do a professional job on this CD, which of course costs money. So if anyone is interested in seeing his proposal, let me know also and I can send it to you. (I provided some feedback on it and have been trying to get the word out about his CD since I'm such a big fan of his project - plus he was kind enough to write a song about Epi-Man I feel it's the least I can do.)

K.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:45 pm 

ethansmom wrote:
He also loves the song "epi-man" and wanted to know if they really were superheros for kids with food allergies!

Ethansmom - have you shown your little man the Epi-Man website?? There's a poster that you can download and print out now - go to http://www.epi-man.com/EpiManPostersEn.htm and see the links at the bottom. :)

I have a fun new picture of the kids that a graphic artist friend of mine drew, which I will post there soon as another poster. Stay tuned!

K.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:52 pm 

We saw Fred Penner in the fall and bought a CD at the concert. On his CD is a song about allergies. The song talks about many different types of allergies (food, environmental, bees etc.) but not in any great depth of course. My daughter likes the words and the song. I think for her it helped to hear someone who she admires sing about a topic so familiar to her.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:00 pm 
Site Admin

We saw Kyle Dine at a small informal concert he did for the Ottawa Anaphylaxis Support Group here in town today. Although our daughter is reserved in large groups she has been dancing around the house singing along with the CD we purchsed (just a sample CD).
Karen, EpiMan is her all time favourite song! Can you wear a groove in a CD? :)
I had to come upstairs as she has played the CD 7x striaght and is now only playing the EpiMan anthem over and over.

Last edited by _Susan_ on Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:55 am 

LOL - it was a lot of fun, wasn't it? I was really impressed with Kyle's showmanship. (We didn't advertise the concert because the place where we were holding it had limited seating - and we didn't even have enough space for our group.)

If I can find some volunteers to help out and find a location in this area I would love to hold some kind of fund-raiser with him. It might be a fund-raiser FOR him, actually, as he is still trying to find sponsors for his CD.

An update on the release date for his CD: likely June now. Things are taking longer than expected (as is so often the case)!!

K.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:53 am 
Site Admin

I really liked how he interacted with the children and took a few minutes to answer questions they might have about food allergies. I think it's helpful for them to see adults who have dealt successfully with the same condition.
I love his message that you can still do pretty much anything you want, you just have to do it safely.
I think the schools should want him to come to their schools as the have the obligation to disseminate information to parents and children.

Post subject: Food Allergy Music
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:42 pm 

Hi Everyone, Thanks for all the kind comments! The OASG concert was a blast and can't wait to perform for them again!

Right now the CD is half done! It's looking like it should be available online in late May or early June. I have started up a mailing list at http://www.kyledine.com where you can receive updates and news about the release of "You Must Be Nuts!"

Big news! The Epi-Man song will be on CBC Radio 1's Freestyle show next Tuesday, April 10th, from 2-3. Tune in for the song as well as an interview with me and an update on Epi-Man!

All the best!

Kyle Dine