You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:56 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:59 pm 

Anyone in Toronto, you might be interested in a restaurant chain called The Magic Oven. I believe they have three locations. I wet to the one on Dupont yesterday with a friend. They use all organic ingredients and have many options for people with allergies. They have make your own pizza and pasta where you can choose from different options for example dairy cheese, goat cheese, rice cheese, vegan dairy-free cheese etc. I was interested in the pizza because I react badly to dairy and was excited to have restaurant pizza with cheese I could eat! I was worried about corn flour in the dough, and the server told me he thought the plain crust would be okay. He went back to double check and told me that he was wrong, it did have corn flour, but the spelt crust did not. Since he had misinformed me, he was going to give me the spelt crust with no extra charge. I was pretty impressed! The pizza was good, too :) It really was a nice treat to have 'real' pizza without worrying about the dairy ad the crust.

Misc (pollen, grass, mold, dogs, cats)