* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:32 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: safe products
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:17 pm 
Site Admin

Whoo boy! I have done it again. :roll:
I moved the wrong thread and in trying to move this back had two threads...when I tried to delete one it removed the both.

Good thing I saved it first.

babyseanna

Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:37 am Post subject: safe products

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone,
I'm new to this. My husband and I just found out that our two yr old daughter has a pn, tn and egg allergy. The pn and tn are severe and she carries an epi-pen, the egg white is not that bad.

I'm wondering if you guys could share some names of products/companies/manufactures, that you feel are safe for your children with fa to eat. I just need a little jump start. Thanks for any help!

_Susan_

Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:13 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So sorry to hear about your little ones allergies.
Have you gone through your kitchen? You may find that she can eat some of the foods you curently have. In any case it's a good start for label reading. Don't forget the bathroom and medicine cabinet. You can find nuts or egg in moisturisers and shampoos.
Try to think of the foods you need most. Do you have a safe bread? What about a noodle? Some are made on the same production lines a egg noodles.
Some things that I know to be safe are Rizopia Rice noodles, Vegannaise (egg-free mayonaise) and I believe Dempsters white bread (in the silver foil bread bag) are all egg, peanut and tre nut free. The first tw products are found in the alternative living section of Loblaws and the latter is available in most bakery sections.
Keep in mind that some bakeries use dried egg and it can become airborn. We don't take our daughter to bakeries as she had ad facia swelling after visiting such places.
I know you feel the egg allergy is not as bad but avoidance can aide in outgrowing the allergy.
Good luck!

gwentheeditor
Site Admin

Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:18 pm Post subject:

Compliments new line sounds like a candidate for the "Room for Improvement" thread.

Me: allergies to some tree that flowers in May
Cat: allergic to beef, pork and lamb

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:35 am 

thanks for some suggestions Susan. We are taking the egg allergy just as serious, I guess what I was trying to say, is that we were happy that atleast one of her allergies wasn't that severe. But we aren't planning on giving her anything egg based until it's all gone ... thanks for caring!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:56 pm 

I just wanted to mention a particular manufacturer from Quebec that makes Peanut, Almond and Nut free chocolates made in a nut free factory. The brand is called "Vadeboncoeur" and their chocolates are usually only availabe around Halloween and Christmas. They're really yummy!! :lol: The website is www.vadeboncoeurchocolate.com or call at 1-800-276-8504 for more information.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:06 pm 
Site Admin

babyseanna- glad to hear it. I wanted to say that it is really hard to determine the severity of a reactio by wheal size or RAST levels. Previous minimal reactions don't mean that all future reactions will also be minimal. If you suspect ingestion of any of her allergens do use your Epi-Pen ASAP and call 911.
Let's hope some day she does out grow at least one allergy. :)

Me: allergies to some tree that flowers in May
Cat: allergic to beef, pork and lamb