You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:50 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 3:30 pm 

I am lucky that "my I am scaried of reactions to new foods" and this makes me not test new things. I bought my Husband ( who has problems with dairy) a non diary organically grown frozen dessert, we read the box. :oops: Today I just I noticed it may contain peanuts/tree nuts and was going to recommend it ....I now know why I am chokey- it may contain trace elements of peanuts/tree nuts.
Yes, I e mailed the company and suggested they put the warning in red or orange.
Now what he can have for a treat !!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????
. :(Just thought to tell everybody in case you see it and think that it is safe for some one else.
Kelly

Last edited by Kelly on Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 9:51 pm 

Sorry you had a reaction! Chapmans makes lactose free products, as well as peanut/nut free, maybe they have one that's both???

http://www.chapmans.ca

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:17 pm 

i hate nuts
Thanks for the link we will look and hopefully I can find something for him and for our Son, ( he is coming to visit us.) He loves ice cream.....
Kelly

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:23 pm 

This is a copy of the reply to my E mail to the company;

We are sorry that our warning about nuts/peanuts was not easily noticeable, and thank you for
your suggestion- for our next batch we will look into adding a sticker to the tub to make it more visible.
Hope they add a sticker, it may help someone else....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 8:18 am 

Tofutti has a milk and peanut free ice cream. My peanut,milk allergic son loves it, they have different varieties to choose from. They have vanilla, chocolate and other types. They do say dairy free on them but I always check the lable as well to make sure there are no traces of or no peanuts included.They do have an almond and I think they may have a peanut butter one but I am not sure so I always check for peanut free. I buy the cones that he can have and he is able to have a safe icecream like any other child. Tofutti also makes dairy free ice cream sandwiches which are also great as well as Tofutti vegan cheese. I make him a grilled cheese with it and he enjoys it. I find it takes longer for the cheese to melt so don't be in a hurry to get it done.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 10:05 pm 

:D Hi to i hate nuts and bev;
With all of your help I was able to find in my area "Chapman's "Sorbet and my husband can have it. We found our son's favoruite Chocolate. the label is very clear that it is peanut /nut free on the side of the container. :D Nice treat for the hot and hazy weather