Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:09 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Sesame/Nut free bread
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:18 pm 

Hi,
We have only found one brand of bread that has no nuts and no sesame. Does anyone have any others. I do have a bread machine but I really hate it!
Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:24 pm 
Site Admin

No suggestions...why do you hate your bread machine? We have one and like it.

You can use the search button to look for recipes on the board.

Me: allergies to some tree that flowers in May
Cat: allergic to beef, pork and lamb

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 12:12 pm 

Isn't Iron Kids bread safe?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 12:15 pm 

Iron Kids White Bread Nutrition Facts

Serving Size 1 slice (28g)

Servings Per Container 6

Ingredients: Enriched bleached flour (wheat flour, malted barley flour, niacin, iron, thiamin mononitrate (vitamin B1), riboflavin (vitamin B2), folic acid), water, high fructose corn syrup, corn starch, wheat gluten, calcium sulfate, cellulose, yeast. Contains 2% or less of each of the following: vegetable oil (soybean and/or cottonseed oils), salt, dough conditioners (may contain one or more of the following: mono- and diglycerides, ethoxylated mono- and diglycerides, sodium stearoyl lactylate, calcium stearoyl lactylate, calcium peroxide, datem), yeast nutrients (monocalcium phosphate, calcium sulfate, ammonium sulfate, ammonium chloride), calcium propionate (preservative), niacin, ferrous sulfate, thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin, soy lecithin, soy flour. Contains wheat and soy.

Comments: Supplied to Royal Crest by Rainbow

Post subject: Thank you
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 7:49 pm 

Hi,
I have never seen Ironkids bread - which grocery store have you seen it in? And re bread machine - I just think its a hassle, especially the cutting....not a baker.
Kim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 11:49 am 

Is this a Canadian or U.S. product?

I've never seen it here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 12:37 pm 

It looks like it just may be in the US...

http://www.ironkids.com/new/bread_location.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 6:26 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
re bread machine - I just think its a hassle, especially the cutting....not a baker.

Well, I do understand that!
I received a meatslicer for Christmas last year and once I got over the initial fear of injury, I was happy to discover that I can slice my bread on this as well.
Now I make a loaf, slice it and bag it.
We have friends who owns a bakery and we purchase an unopened box of bread bags from them once every year or so. I can't seem to find bread bags that fit the bread maker loaves.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 6:55 pm 

Hi Susan,

Curious about your meat slicer. I looked into bread slicers once but only found industrial size ones that cost a fortune. I would love to find something that will slice our bread evenly!! Can you tell me the name (brand) and possibly where it was purchased?

Denise

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 8:21 pm 
Site Admin

We found it at Canadian Tire last Christmas for $99.00. It was $30.00 off so we snapped it up.
I do love it but it took me some time to be brave enough to use it. :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 9:21 pm 

I'm thinking of trying bread from Treasure Mills bakery www.treasuremills.com. It's located in New Market, Ontario. The breads and buns are peanut/tree nut/sesame/soy/dairy/egg free. Has anyone tried them? I see there are breads with pumpkin and caraway seeds, and we have not tried these seeds with our son (he is allergic to several seeds, so we're a little reluctant to test out any new seeds). But the breads and buns seem like a real possibility! We use our breadmaker a lot, but I wouldn't mind stocking up on lots of safe bread (assuming it is truly safe). Has anyone tried their bread products? If so, are they good?

12 yr old son: allergic to peanuts, tree nuts, eggs, fish, sesame, sunflower, mustard, poppy seeds, green peas, some fruits, instructed to avoid all other legumes (except soy & green beans), pollen, cats, horses

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 9:08 pm 

We picked up a box of 18 mini-baguettes by Bridor at Costco (in the frozen foods section) recently. They are peanut, tree-nut, sesame, and egg free. They are par-baked, so you have to bake them a bit before they're ready to eat. To find out more, call or e-mail Bridor. Their web site is: http://www.bridor.com/index.aspx?lang=EN-CA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:19 pm 

Julie - when I lived out that way I would make the hour drive to Newmarket to buy their bread. It is REALLY Good! Since I bought it direct I had to buy a case at a time...After the intial trial I would empty out our chest freezer and buy 2 cases at a time. They do not come wrapped - so be prepared to wrap and freeze yourself. If you go that route. It's been about 2 years though so they may have changed their rules. Great customer service - try giving them a call.

2 yr old DS -no known allergies!