You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:55 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:58 pm 

I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for products for Asian cooking (ex. sesame oil, hoisin sauce, fish sauce). My son is PA and we are avoiding tree nuts for now, and I would like to cook more Asian dishes, but am wary of the sources of the required products. They are all made in Asia (not surprisingly), and not labelled for allergens. Has anyone found North American brands for any of these products? We use Kikkoman soy sauce, but have never seen other similar products by them.

Thanks,

Susan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:21 pm 
Here is a bit of info. I don't have a similar allergy, but knew they had info on their site, and hope this helps at least some for you:

http://canada.lkk.com/commonCA/corporate/faq.aspx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:58 am 
Site Admin

Wow, that's great information Laurie15!
We use some VH sauces and many Y & Y brand items (noodles, canned water chestnuts etc.)

Me: allergies to some tree that flowers in May
Cat: allergic to beef, pork and lamb

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:10 am 

Thanks for the info! LKK is definitely a big brand with all the things I am looking for. Now I have to figure out if I am comfortable with the potential for cross-contamination.

I also found another brand after I sent this out called Golden Dragon. It is made in BC. If I find out anything useful about them, I will post it.

Thanks again,

Susan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 3:48 pm 

By the way, I finally got around to contacting Golden Dragon about their sauces this afternoon, and this is the reply I received (very speedily, I might add).

I asked about all their sauces, not about one in particular, so not sure why the writer refers to "the prodcut." Anyway, good to know.

Susan
Susan

We have no peanuts or tree nuts in the product or production line or warehouse. We do pack sesame oil on the same line. If you have any question please let me know.

Favorite Foods Ltd.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:38 am 

SusanJB wrote:
By the way, I finally got around to contacting Golden Dragon about their sauces this afternoon, and this is the reply I received (very speedily, I might add).

I asked about all their sauces, not about one in particular, so not sure why the writer refers to "the prodcut." Anyway, good to know.

Susan
Susan

We have no peanuts or tree nuts in the product or production line or warehouse. We do pack sesame oil on the same line. If you have any question please let me know.

Favorite Foods Ltd.

that's good news!!!