You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:44 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:24 pm 

I was at my local Shoppers Drug Mart last night and talked to my pharmacist. He suggested I try the Life Brand Sensitive soap for babies. It is the one that is good for shampoo and body soap. He checked the ingredients himself. He suggested I do a dry skin check first, as it is a different product for us, to mix a little bit with water and add more soap the more I use it.( It is their version of the Dove one I have always used)I found this way to introduce the new product very helpful.

As far as moisturizer; he is giving me a trial version of water and glycerin? mixed together. He says it definately has no nut elements and is a great moisturizer. He suggested I wait atleast three days between using the two new products.

I have never been a Life Brand user. Does anyone have any feedback on same. I still haven't got out to check some of the products that some of you have suggested. Will definately do that this weekend. Thanks for same. I definately hit a wall on keeping up on my products. This has given me a fresh focus.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:45 pm 

I use no name cetaphil on my super senitive baby girl. It is a skin clenser instead of soap. Don't use the cetaphil lotion because it contains macadamia nut oil. ( the lotion worked great on her too but we stoped using it after her first anaphalctic reaction (not to the lotion) that was when we started to really read labels) When she was a tiny baby I even washed her hair with the cleanser. No bubbles and it rinsed out really well.

I am interested in the glycerine and water for lotion. Can you tell me more about that?
I use spectro eczema care cream on her and it is great but it costs $15 a tube and lasts less than a month. I would love a less expensive and just as good substitute.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:26 pm 

We use the Life brand Base Cream, which I really like. We had been using Glaxol Base but the base cream is pretty much the same stuff for about half the price.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:37 am 

I have extremely sensitive skin and find SpectraGel is very good...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:31 am 
Site Admin

I saw an ad for this in the Spring edition of Allergic Living.
http://www.spectroskincare.com/kids_ecz ... ywash.aspx
I don't know if you could use it as a shampoo but it sounds like it might work for the soap.

Me: allergies to some tree that flowers in May
Cat: allergic to beef, pork and lamb