You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:04 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 6:23 pm 

I posted this under sesame but in case anyone misses it there I wanted to warn others that Dempsters Soft Slice (yes one of the ONLY sesame free breads out there) now lists may contain trace of sesame!!!! Today was the first time I've seen it marked with a sesame warning. II was told a while ago when I called a Dempster's rep that this loaf of bread may be moving locations to be made. I am SO irritated right now.

Outgrew eggs, fish, shellfish

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 2:31 pm 

Thank you for posting about this. Reading the package is hard on my old eyes. I might have missed this if not told about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:37 am 

Today while shopping I see that our Dempters soft slice does NOT warn for trace of sesame. I wonder if this is because bread is being made at a few facilities and depending on where it is coming from the sesame is listed???
At least this is good news for this week. :D

..........ok, I just got off the phone with Dempsters . The rep. was very helpful and took her time to look into this for me. It looks like there are two plants within our general area (meaning a few hour radius from here) which our local grocery may be receiving bread from. One is in fact a sesame plant and the other is not explaining the warning changes.
So keep checking your bread as it come in randomly from different plants and the warning may change depending where it comes from that week.

Outgrew eggs, fish, shellfish