You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:47 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:31 am 
Site Admin

This was passed this on to me – there are now some packs of Jelly Belly jelly beans that do not have a “may contain peanuts” warning.

Until recently, all Jelly Belly jelly beans said “May contain peanuts”, but apparently now there is a manufacturing plant in THAILAND that is peanut-free, according to what the Jelly Belly CSR told my friend.

Quote:
1: Regarding peanuts: http://mycusthelp.com/Jellybelly/_cs/An ... Sessionid=

Question:
If I am allergic to peanuts, can I eat Jelly Belly jelly beans?

Answer:
Packaged Jelly Belly Beans
Please continue to carefully check all ingredient statements on packages and bulk bins for peanut ingredients. We discontinued Peanut Butter flavor of Jelly Belly beans (this flavor contained peanut butter and peanut flour) however, it is possible this flavor may still be included in packages sold in retail stores.

None of the other flavors of Jelly Belly beans contain peanuts as an ingredient. We no longer process peanuts in our manufacturing plants.

Tours/Retail Stores
Our public tour facilities and company owned retail stores sell confections made with peanuts, such as French Peanuts, Chocolate-Covered Peanuts, Peanut Butter Cups and others. Please check the bulk bin labels and packages for peanut ingredients.

Complete ingredient information is available at the Sample Bar at each facility.

2: Regarding any other animal products (e.g. dairy, eggs, gelatin):
http://mycusthelp.com/Jellybelly/_cs/An ... ssionid%3d

Question:
Are Jelly Belly jelly beans suitable for vegetarians and vegans?

Answer:
Jelly Belly beans are gelatin-free and do not contain any animal products. To seal in the flavor and create the shine, we use beeswax and confectioners glaze which may be of concern to vegans.

Me: allergies to some tree that flowers in May
Cat: allergic to beef, pork and lamb

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:35 pm 

Wanted to share that I've recently seen some Seasonal Jelly Belly packaging that reflects new labelling: Fat Free - Gluten Free - Gelatine Free - Nut Free - at Shopper's Drug Mart.

Wal-Mart also sells a small 150g Assorted Flavours Box, as well as a Sours box for under $3.00.
It's packaging did not have any peanut/nut ingredients or "may contain" warning, but it did not have the "Nut Free" statement that I saw on the seasonal box at Shopper's.

Called Concord National Inc. in Vancouver (they distribute Jelly Belly in Canada - 1-866-986-7341) and spoke to their Rep. who said that Jelly Belly's new peanut/nut free plant is in Thailand. So as long as you see "Product of Thailand" or "Made in Thailand" on the package, you can be assured that it is the new peanut/nut free product. (My Wal-Mart Jelly Belly purchase was a "product of Thailand".)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:06 am 

Just found some of these at shoppers, the bag says 'Nut Free' (but doesn't specify peanut/tree nut). I also checked the web site, and peanut butter is still a flavour. I suspect that these are made at the dedicated facility, but it's still a little worrysome. Of course, I got excited and bought 3 pack of 30...