Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:00 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: M&M Meats
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:44 pm 

Hello all,

I found the website helpful with what is in there products. They can send you printed form of the same thing.

http://www.mmmeatshops.com/welcome.asp

Post subject: Re: M&M Meats
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:18 am 

It's so nice to have some good frozen foods.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:19 am 

Thank you! This is very helpful.

12 yr old son: allergic to peanuts, tree nuts, eggs, fish, sesame, sunflower, mustard, poppy seeds, green peas, some fruits, instructed to avoid all other legumes (except soy & green beans), pollen, cats, horses

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:20 am 

Very clear labeling for top allergens....thanks ajsmom, I had never even thought of shopping at M&M.

Outgrew eggs, fish, shellfish

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:35 am 
Site Admin

Thanks AJsMom

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:31 am 

What I think is really neat is it says you can go in and ask for a list of foods that don't contain the allergens you have, and that way you dont have to go through things one by one being dissapointed. I was looking at the battered onion rings.. milk and egg free? I don't believe it! *Runs to the store*

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:26 pm 

cauger wrote:
What I think is really neat is it says you can go in and ask for a list of foods that don't contain the allergens you have, and that way you dont have to go through things one by one being dissapointed. I was looking at the battered onion rings.. milk and egg free? I don't believe it! *Runs to the store*

I actually did get that list printed up for my allergens. But remember -- occasionally runs change, so don't go strictly by a list you get typed up as it will eventually go out of date. Continue to read the labels every time.

M&M seems to be quite good about keeping their in-store binder up to date - but if there is a discrepancy, they said to go with what is actually written on the package.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:39 pm 

I sent them an email and was sent back a list of foods that don't contain milk or soy.Their computer programs in the store can do it and they are very up to date.

So happy to have found this. :banana Happy to be able to share it.

Tracy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:28 pm 

I went today and was very happy with the service. :bouncygreen :bouncyblue

I told the lady at the counter and she was immediately able to take things out for me.

:banana

I have a binder now...(it used to be a notebook) I have added the M&M's info to it.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:14 pm 

They have always been very helpful and knowledgable, we do trust their foods and buy them. :)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:19 pm 

I just found two styles of bread that are sesame safe while looking online. Rosemary (clover shaped) buns and mini baguettes. :banana

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:26 am 

We did go to M&M yesterday, wonderful service, the woman spent ages with us confirming first with her binder and then I'd go over the actual package to ensure products were safe. The binder is great as right off the bat I'd mention a product, she'd look it up and instantly tell me if it was even a possibility due to top allergens. If that was ok, I'd check the label for changes or further allergens (not top).
It turned out there were many products we can buy, no desserts but that is no big deal. The rosemary pull apart, when you bake it it will be soft inside and crusty outside MMMMM, is in fact sesame safe as well as their garlic bread and mini baguettes.

Options options options! :bouncyblue
Thank you Ajsmom for your post! We might not be able to eat everything there but to know that they label so well for ingredients and any may contains is wonderful.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:32 am 

:happydance

Happy to be able to help out...everyone has been so very helpful to me.

I took the list of safe foods for us and took their M&M's booklet that has all their products pictured. Brought it all home sat down and highlighted in their little booklet what was safe for us. It'll be an easy reference for me when shopping. I'm a very visual person. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:41 pm 

thanks for this info! We have never shopped at M&M.. though we always say we should try some things there. Now that I know they are so good about labeling, we are definitely going to go try a few things this weekend. :) Can anyone give any recommendations on what's good, or what to avoid? Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:57 am 

Gertiegirl, if you go online click on any product. It will list any may contains for the top allergens and all ingredients. Double check once in the store on the package. Or if you rather they were wonderful to go over all information without rushing me while in the store. :huggy