You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:34 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:37 pm 

I saw that Duncan Hines had changed their labels too, I called and got the exact same information... S they still could very well have come in contact with nuts but it doesn't state it anywhere! :verymad

I've always used and trusted Betty Crocker. They're good with labeling and have always given me piece of mind when I've called.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:50 pm 

I love to cook, but baking is a whole different art form that I do not excel at, so I decided to try the Betty Crocker cake mixes again... after I made ANOTHER phone call to confirm the ingredients. I have used the chocolate cake mix 2 or 3 times since (for birthdays) and my own homemade icing, and it has been perfectly fine. I buy very few prepared foods, but my family loves the Betty Crocker mixes, so I decided to try them again since we've NEVER had any problems with them in the past. Anyway, we have continued to have no issues, so I have decided I will continue to buy them when needed. I only use them for birthdays, so it won't happen too often, but at least I feel like I can make a cake that turns out successfully with our big list of allergens! I use egg replacer in the recipe and it makes for a beautiful cake/cupcakes.

12 yr old son: allergic to peanuts, tree nuts, eggs, fish, sesame, sunflower, mustard, poppy seeds, green peas, some fruits, instructed to avoid all other legumes (except soy & green beans), pollen, cats, horses