You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:42 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Candy Canes
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:19 am 

Allan Candy Canes are labeled this year with a peanut free logo. On the back it also clearly states that

THIS PRODUCT DOES NOT CONTAIN PEANUTS, TREE NUTS, MILK, EGGS, WHEAT OR GLUTEN. IT HAS BEEN MANUFACTURED IN A PEANUT FREE FACILITY.

:banana

I just opened the box and I'm thrilled to see that each individual mini candy cane package has the peanut free logo on it. That is great as if someone gives him one I know it is from a peanut free box.
I just called Allan candy to thank them and let them know how great the packaging is and how much it means to us that they took the time to make safe candy canes.

Outgrew eggs, fish, shellfish

Post subject: Re: Candy Canes
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:22 pm 
Site Admin

I think it's really important to thank companies for doing a good job! :happydance

Me: allergies to some tree that flowers in May
Cat: allergic to beef, pork and lamb

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:24 pm 

Yes I just bought a box as well and plan to call them/email them. I think we need to let companies know that we do appreciate it! :happydance
Camilla

Me-Ragweed

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:28 pm 
Site Admin

I just sent this e-mail to Allens Candy Company!
http://www.canadasfavouritecandycane.com/
Quote:
Hello,

I just want to thank you for labelling candy canes so clearly!

As a mother of a child who has multiply, severe food allergies (egg, dairy, peanut, tree nuts and most legumes (but she's OK with soy), shopping for food is difficult enough but candy shopping is horrible! Aisles and aisle of candies that either contain one of her allergens or have vague ingredients and no way of checking if they are safe. Sometimes you can't read the ingredients since it's printed on the part of the wrapped that winds around the lollipop's stick. Sometimes the company has no contact info or even no company name.

Last year I called your 1-800 number and you had a recording about your candy canes. This year you are clearly printing "free from..." on the box and Peanut-free on each individual candy cane. I want you to know that we in the allergy community appreciate your efforts to get the message out! We talk to each other and are always on the look out for a safe treat.

Your labels mean that our shopping time is cut down and we can offer your product with confidence. That is a huge deal to us!

Thank you for making my Christmas shopping just that much easier-I will suggest your products to whomever I come in contact with.

Me: allergies to some tree that flowers in May
Cat: allergic to beef, pork and lamb