You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:19 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:45 pm 

For fun I tried looking for safe treats - store bought. I found one for us. They are heart shaped mints with cute messages on them - 4 ever, cute etc. They are all in pastel colours. They are made by rito mints - their web address is ritomints.com They are made in Quebec so they are not imported. I phoned the number from the web address and the man I spoke to said that the mints are made in a nut free facility and there is no risk of cross contamination with milk or egg. I bought them at Shoppers Drug Mart. My daughter might not even like them - but I will try. I will also make heart shaped chocolates but it is nice to find some cute store bought ones too!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:19 pm 
Site Admin

Hershey's Bubble Yum 'eggs'
Pastel egg shaped gum balls. They're smaller than regular gum bals too which is great as our daughter can barely get those big gum balls in her mouth-doesn't stop her from trying though!
Ok, this is more for Easter but so what their egg, milk, nut, wheat, fish and soya free.
I contacted the company by phone and asked if they were run on ines which had egg, milk or nut products. The representative stated they would issue a may contain statement if that was the case for the major 8 allergens.