You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:34 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Kerr Lollipops
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 3:04 pm 

I found some lollypops at Walmart last week that are made by the Kerr Bros. in Toronto. The ingredient list looked fine for my daughter (peanut, egg, milk allergy) so I picked them up. I contacted the company and they are made in a nut and egg free facility and on a milk free line. The phone number of the company is 416 252 7341. Maybe other people have found safe lollypops before but I have never been able to. These will be nice to add to the Easter basket this year and to have on hand when a special treat is needed. The lollypops where not with the Easter candy at Walmart but in their regular candy aisle.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:15 pm 

Thanks for this info katec! I've looked for lollipops at Walmart before, and wasn't able to find any that were not "may contain peanut/nut", but I will definitely check again for the Kerr lollipops. After much searching, I've bought some lollipops from Toys R Us that have been okay, but I couldn't believe how much searching I had to do to find safe lollipops!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:06 pm 

Thanks for the info katec.

I called the company since we're also dealing with a sesame allergy. They do have a product with sesame but it's made on the toffee line. The lollipops are made on a dedicated line that is no where near that line. And apparently they don't run the sesame product very often anymore.

I picked up a bag too. I'm hoping my dd will like them enough that I can use them as a potty training incentive:)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 12:10 am 

I had to share this. I had my youngest in at the allergists the other day. After his skin test I told him he could have a lollipop as they have them at the desk. I give it to my son thinking they must be safe if they are in the allergists office. To my shock the label says they may contain milk protein. It sure is a lesson that no matter how safe you think something must be always read the label.
Stephanie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 4:10 pm 

Why would an allergist have lollipops at the desk? Surely some kids are allergic, especially since they contain milk. My allergist has a big sign that "absolutely no food is allowed in the office". Surely an allergist should see the value in handing out stickers or pencils instead of food.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:44 pm 

They had smarties for halloween.