You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:55 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:35 pm 

Someone else had written about this company in another thread, they said they found some individually wrapped chocolates at Walmart that are produced in a Peanut, Almond & Nut Free Factory.
My mother also found small chocolate figurines by this same company "Les Chocolats Vadeboncoeur", at Zellers. There's a phone number on the package, 1800-276-8504, Mon-Fri 10-4:30. (I haven't called.)

Today I was sooo excited to also find LARGE Chocolate Easter Figures - bunnies etc, at Real Atlantic Superstore (Loblaws). Again, by Les Chocolats Vadeboncoeur. There's an orange circle on the front that states Peanut, Almond & Nut Free Factory.

I feel like I'm gonna go overboard on the easter chocolate now.
Oh well...my little guy deserves it, he never complains if he can't have what the other kids are having. It's going to be so fun to see his face when he sees a big chocolate bunny in his easter basket!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:57 am 

I know the feeling! I was all excited when I saw them at Walmart. I also bought a HUGE bag of their individually wrapped chocolate carmels from Costco. We have a huge stash in the basement now for DH & I (our dd doesn't like chocolate) to hopefully last us a little while.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:00 am 

I'm pretty sure that's the same company that last year had licenced character's in chocolate for Easter. (Dora was one, but I can't remember the others.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:50 pm 

They also have Spongebob and his buddy. We also found a chocolate skateboard by Vodeboncoeur as well as chocolate miniature hollow chickens in baskets 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:51 pm 

At Zellars :!:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:34 pm 

Joelle -- how much were the hollow chocolate miniature chickens in baskets at Zellers? I found them at Dollarama for 3 for $1.00.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:36 pm 

I did not check the price because I have not bought them yet, but they were in a very big bag.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:39 pm 

Thanks, I'll check it out. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:16 pm 

I've also seen this company's chocolates at Costco (Price Club), so you could check that out too. They had special Christmas chocolates and Hallowe'en chocolates, and seem to be adding new items all the time.

If you have egg allergy as well, be careful about the chocolates with eyes on them (e.g. bunnies with eyes), because I believe the hard candy used for the eyes contains egg.

K.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:04 am 

Zelllars has them 12 in a box for around $4.85 without tax

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:17 pm 

I got out to Zellers today and was thrilled to see so many different options from Les Chocolats Vadeboncoeur. From full size hollow figures to small hand sized ones -- it seems as though they had a larger selection than even last year - ? I take that as a positive sign that they are responding to consumer demand (and maybe others will follow suit!) Stock must vary from one Zellers to another though -- didn't see those tiny hollow chickens? (no problem, picked mine up at Dollarama :wink: )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:27 am 

I was thrilled to find the Vadeboncoeur chocolates. I bought a dark chocolate squirrel for my PA child and a Spogebob for my younger daughter. They were thrilled!

What surprised me though was how particularly delicious the chocolate was!!! It is the best Easter chocolate I have ever tasted and that includes Laura Secord's! (Which by the way was disappointingly mediocre, considering how expensive it is.)

So even if my daughter ever outgrows her allergy, I would still buy them. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 4:03 pm 

That's what my son gets from us, and he's not pa. (I am, but he is allowed to eat may contains.) The bonus is -- I get to share. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:04 pm 

I saw the ad for this company's Halloween candy in the Fall issue of AL (pg 51). So of course I have been on the lookout for them. Found them today at Walmart, they had the caramel-centre bugs and the solid milk chocolate skeleton heads. They come in a box of 50 individually-wrapped pieces, the cost is $4.96 for a box.
The skeleton heads actually say "nut free factory" on the individual wrappers. The caramel-centres don't.

I bought 2 boxes, but I understand they had them at Costco last year. Has anyone seen them at Costco this year, and if so do you know the price?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:06 pm 

Can't say if they're at Costco -- but did see a bunch of varieties at Zellers again! :D