You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:19 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Surprise Allergy
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:49 pm 

I had my skin test today. What a surprise two foods that my family eats on a daily bases I am allergic to is on my new updated list of can't eat. Oranges was a level 3 hive the other others are a 2. 3 being the same or near the histamine control hive. carrots, peach, rice and black walnut. We eat carrots and rice about 3 to 4 times a week. He also had me keep a reaction diary and collect the food ingrediant labels from the foods i reacted to so he could compare the common preservative ingrediants. Those are Artifaical flavors, spices, sorbic acid, dyes, natural flavor, polysorbate 60, sodium nitrate, sodium erthrdpate.

Anyone else deal with things like this?

Allergic to tons and tons of food as well as perfumes, scented air sprays and cleaners. Hubby to Fish, ds #2 Shellfish, youngest to Eggplant, potato, Caesin, Raw Tomato & spinach.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:30 pm 

I hope you don't react to all those foods! I can't have raw carrots, but can have them cooked most of the time. I eat cooked peaches but generally react to raw peaches . . . I do try them raw occasionally in small amounts. Citrus . . .well, I can sometimes have raw oranges but often not. The peel (orange zest) bothers me slightly sometimes. Orange juice is fine for me. I'm allergic to walnuts . . .wouldn't touch them with a 10 foot pole LOL!

I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't have rice!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:00 pm 

yes i did react to all those the perservatives are somthing the allergist said to stay away from for now.

Allergic to tons and tons of food as well as perfumes, scented air sprays and cleaners. Hubby to Fish, ds #2 Shellfish, youngest to Eggplant, potato, Caesin, Raw Tomato & spinach.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:19 am 
I'm allergic to rice, which is irritating as a celiac. But, was this a prick test? My GI and allergist said those are 95% effective for environmental / non-food allergens, but only about 50% for foods.