You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:14 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:50 pm 
A few months ago, I was on antibiotics and ended up with a candida overgrowth. I've celiac and a dairy allergy, and because of the candida, it's been a troublesome couple of months trying to figure out what is going on.

I ended up getting hemmhoids and candida, which was pretty gruesome. I had inferno itching in both regions for about 3 months - couldn't sleep, do anything.

After several doctors visits and trying everything under the sun (including a candida killer with lactose, but I was desperate and swigged benedryl afterwards and had a reaction that wasn't too brutal, but the pill didn't work so I was not impressed), I finally went to the naturopath.

She put me on a supplment that, in conjunction with the candida diet, has seemed to work. Unfortunately, it included rice bran, but I took it anyway, as my main reactions to rice include a tight chest and constipation, but at this point, everything in my life was being affected by this - I couldn't even drive! So I figured that I would, again, take it equipped with benedryl. Either way, I am not sure if the smidgen they use in there has affected me, but I don't think so, comparable to, say, eating loads of sushi.

Now for the reason of my post:
In the last couple of weeks, I've developed a really itchy body. In addition to the nether-region itch, I'm getting random hives, but also a whole all around itchy-ness. I'm relatively certain it's not something I am eating for the reason that I haven't changed it in so long because of the diet. I do know that eating too much of something can cause an sensitivity, but I don't think it is that, honestly.

Can you, all of a sudden, be more sensitive to say, Tide? Or something like that? I don't know what's going on, but at certain points, I am just SO itchy. I don't want to take Benedryl for it, because it makes me so drowsy, plus, I hate using stuff like that if I don't have to.

I'm going to get my yearly physical next week, so I was going to ask her to send me to the allergist to check for the environmental things, but I am really confused.

I'm just wondering if anyone has any ideas.
Thanks!