You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:53 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Outreach? Anyone?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:38 pm 

When I feel like people don't know enough about something, I try to put the information out there in engaging ways. For example, I made these posters about Canadian women.

Ever tempted to make posters or brochures or zines about allergic issues and leave them all over the place?

Post subject: Audra's posters
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:11 am 

I loved your posters, particularly Rosa Brown.

I sometimes have these very shortlived fits of intensly needing to do something. One time I made doves for peace and plastered them all over my neighborhood, but I usually decide that my idea is too stupid and everyone will think I am stupid etc, etc, etc. by about 2 days into my personal revolution and that's the end of that. One time I made gold christmas wreaths out of little toys glue gunned to a wreath form and spray painted gold. Everyone said they were great and that I should do more but I said "Nah... theyr'e kind of corny" then a few years later I saw a contest for wreaths in Good Housekeeping and their was the exact idea and the person who sent it in won $10,000!!!

I think the best part is you have the confidence to know your ideas are good.

Thanks also for the great forum. It is really helping me connect with other people. Knowing that I have to do something about the situation for people with anaphylaxis is the one idea that I had that I realized was not stupid, and that I needed to make a difference for my child and others.

Thanks for enabling me to meet like minded people.

Pam