You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:07 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Our Childrens Hosp
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 2:59 am 

I didn't know where to put this but I wanted to share this experiance because after I got home I realized the true danger.

My oldest fell and injured her foot she put it up and could walk and took it easy then a day later fell on the same foot and became unable to walk. So I took her the hospital at 1am in the morning. We got there and they asked about allergies so we told them Milk and had to go into detail about the reaction to it :roll: and that she could not under any cercumstances be near it cooking ot be touched by a person who had eaten it and not washed their hands. ( you know the drill) So we were called back rather quickly not many people there. We she was in a wheel chair and they wheeled us back past a break room where some one had cooked speggetti with you guessed it CHeese!!! Daughters face lit up and she gasped and gave a wheezy cough. Not being used to this allergy thing I didn't think about it at first. We were ushered a few hallways down and into a closed room and after I sat down it hit me what had happened.

After returning home and thinking on it more I pulled out the papers that we where dismissed with. At the top of her admiting fourm was this:
ALLERGY MILK *no known food allergys *no known product/latex allergies

I sat there with my mouth wide open and called the hospital. I was hold for 20minutes and was finally transfered to family services where I got a hold of a lady who was a hospital liasion who worked with familys of children who had problems with the hospital. Its been a week and I have not heard a thing. I I am going to stay ontop of this because I keep thinking in my head... What if she were in a car accident and some was cooking Pizza and she was park on a strecher outside that breakroom and all she had was a broken leg but yet she died from the pizza because of where she was sitting and no one saw her in trouble. The list goes on....

What about that paper?

I thought I would share this for this reason. Do you know where your hospital personal eat?

Allergic to tons and tons of food as well as perfumes, scented air sprays and cleaners. Hubby to Fish, ds #2 Shellfish, youngest to Eggplant, potato, Caesin, Raw Tomato & spinach.