Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:16 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Oprah campaign
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:59 pm 
Site Admin

Denise Lewis of Food Allergy Connection in the U.S. passes along this e-mail and info for those who want to try to help a campaign/ e-mail blitz to get Oprah to do a segment on food allergy.

Hi Denise.

My name is Kristin Miller and I am the co-leader for POCA of Dupage (a food allergy support group in Chicago). Over the years many of us have tried to get Oprah to do a segment on food allergies.None of us have been successful on our own. I thought we might try organizing a campaign requesting that Dr. Oz (from Oprah) discuss food allergies as a new topic.

On September 14, 15 and 16 we are asking everyone we know to e-mail Oprah. The hope is that there will be enough stories (or e-mails) that we get their attention and they do a show. Might you forward this request to your members? It would be very helpful to have a huge volume of e-mails.

The instructions for responding can be found below and thank you in advance for helping.

Let Oprah hear us!

Oprah is looking for new topics for her show and we have a great one for her - Food Allergies! She is looking for input through the “Ask Dr Oz about your children's health!” section on her website.

We need your help to ensure that she understands the extent of the food allergy issue. It is important that all the “Dr. Oz health questions” are submitted within 24 hours of each other. Hopefully the volume of questions on food allergies will demonstrate that there is enough interest to warrant a show on food allergies.

STEP 1) Go to Oprah’s web site on Friday, September 14, Saturday, September 15 or Sunday, September 16.
Here is the link directly to “Ask Dr Oz about your children's health!” https://www.oprah.com/plugger/templates ... =261800001

STEP 2) Complete the form found on the web site (name, address, etc.)

STEP 3) Submit your question and story to Dr. Oz. The story section allows 2000 characters (or about 8 lines of text). Do either option a, b or c.
a) Write your own personal question and story.
b) Use one of the 5 sample questions and stories attached to this e-mail or found at www.pocaofdupage.org.
c) Use one of the 5 sample questions and stories and modify the story.

STEP 4) Hit Submit

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:35 pm 

I have passed this on to everyone I know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:53 pm 
Site Admin

Bump, there's still time.

Me: allergies to some tree that flowers in May
Cat: allergic to beef, pork and lamb

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:20 pm 

Darn... Just missed this.

A facebook group should be started for this initiative and perhaps for Allergic Living too???