You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:39 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:24 pm 

Just wondering if anyone has had any luck with this or tried it and what your experience was?

Thanks,

Chrys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:36 pm 
Site Admin

This is not a recognised test for confirming allergies.

The Spring edition of Allergic Living did a great article on testing. Here is a link to the download:
http://www.allergicliving.com/downloads ... y_Test.pdf

Dr Stephen Barrett...

http://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRel ... ts/ak.html

Quote:
The concepts of applied kinesiology do not conform to scientific facts about the causes or treatment of disease. Controlled studies have found no difference between the results with test substances and with placebos. Differences from one test to another may be due to suggestibility, distraction, variations in the amount of force or leverage involved, and/or muscle fatigue. If you encounter a practitioner who relies on AK muscle-testing for diagnosis, head for the nearest exit. Meanwhile, it would help if science-based kinesiologists would stop referrring to what they do as "applied kinesiology."

Me: allergies to some tree that flowers in May
Cat: allergic to beef, pork and lamb

Post subject: Applied Kin
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 9:13 am 

Thanks Susan!!!!

xo Chrys

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:58 am 
the concepts of what is formerly known as "Applied Kinesiology" and now called Biofeedback Analysis are based on Traditional Chinese Medicine and the SCIENTIFIC FACT that the body is energy, or electric.

The cells talk to each other electrically, and chemically, it has been proven!

I and many others I know successfully test allergies through BA and get specifics such as degree of intolerance. please fully and completely research and educate yourself on the subject before complete dismissal of a harmless and accurate method of testing

I can also say that we are on a huge precipice, conventional medicine is becoming further blended with Holistic and alternatives so knocking anything right now without serious clinical trials and research to disprove or prove is simply a personal inconvenience.

Currently most BIE practitioners are recording and keeping detailed notes for a clinical study, so please keep your minds and hopes open.

I remember when Midwifery was accpeted to be covered under our medical, now Chiropractic, massage and naturapathic too . . . etc. etc. . .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:40 am 
Site Admin

I have researched this as fully as I can given my internet capabilities.
I have not been able to find any evidence of scientific studies which give details such as the number of individuals studied, whether it was a randomly selected double blind study etc.

I have heard of many testimonials by those who offer their services.

Me: allergies to some tree that flowers in May
Cat: allergic to beef, pork and lamb

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:59 am 

there has been no studies on such practices, those with muscle testing, and electronic testing.

on the brief stuides on vega, mainly carried out by members of the press, who sent one subject with no allergies , to a selection of different practitioners with vega machines. a different huge list was given every time.

As for other alternative medicinces , well ,yes some of them are being studied, like chinese medicine.
Some of those mention problems , such as liver failure.
However , its easier to study chinese medicine, rather that look at a electronic machine or a glass tube to prove a decent medical proof of a medicine of any physical use.

certainly other forms of alternative medicine , such as homeopathy have been studied and are studied and are proving useful treatements.

The German company( that makes the machines/tubes/contents/ has been asked many times to support some sort of study, but nothing has come of it, lack of interest. It cant be because of money, as I am sure the company is making a rather healthy profit.

There is a move againt electronic testing by NHS pead immunoliogists as they are seeing the physical results of unsound alternative practices.
like rickets for instance.
certainly the huge popularity with these methods over here are due to the total country wide lack of medical support for allergies.
Money given to these people is desperation money.
Its a poor reflection on the UK imo.
Would campaign for these form of practice to stop, march on downing street if It would do any good.