You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:32 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Wedding Days
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:02 am 

Yes, that's plural. Two of my son's got married within the past three weeks.

First wedding was a smaller affair, and I told them NOT to try to find a place safe for me to eat. I had permission to bring my own food, and that was fine with me.

The second wedding (which happened to be on my wedding anniversary) was bigger. The groom insisted on finding a caterer that could feed me without killing me. :shock: :lol: He found it.

I did speak to the caterer myself, and from what I understand, they are peanut/nut/seed free. The buns were purchased somewhere else, so not safe for me, same with the desert. There were no actual nuts or seeds, but there might have been trace amounts. But, other then that, I was able to eat the entire meal.

It felt weird. I didn't have to cook, serve, or clean. I didn't even have to carry my dirty dishes to the kitchen. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:41 am 

Congratulations, AnnaMarie! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:29 am 

Congrats. I hope it felt 'weird' in a good way not to have to cook and clean up! Glad to hear that all went well on the allergy front.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:51 am 

I haven't eaten in a restaurant in so many years. But, my son was adamant that his mother was not going to eat a picnic at his wedding.

At first I admit I was too nervous to enjoy. But, with so much laughter, good food, and my granddaughter playing peek-a-boo with her dress skirt -- I relaxed and just enjoyed the food. btw, granddaughter is only nine months old, so her game was funny and cute, not embarrassing. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:08 am 

Yeah, I'd be a bit stressed too. But I suppose the day would have been a bit stressful regardless (being the mother of the groom and all)!