You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:42 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:59 am 

Hello,

After now months of being in my words "allergic" to almost everything, but mostly fruits and vegetables many are saying that it's "PHYSIOLOGICAL????"

Has anyone heard of this and what happens next?

It's NOT all in my head, I'm not making these sensations and reactions up??????????

xo C

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:35 am 

Quote:
After now months of being in my words "allergic" to almost everything, but mostly fruits and vegetables many are saying that it's "PHYSIOLOGICAL????"

Has anyone heard of this and what happens next?

It's NOT all in my head, I'm not making these sensations and reactions up??????????

That is horrid! :twisted: I am so sorry that people are being mean and unintelligent about this. I go through it every day I leave my house. I am allergic to just about everything. thisis my list. SHELLFISH. FISH. ORANGES. CARROTS. BANANAS. RICE. TOMATOES. PEACHES. WALNUTS. PORK. FIGS. CINNAMON. SORBIC ACID. POLYSORBATES. BETA CAROTENE. CITRIC ACID. STRAWBERRIES. POTATOES. CLOVE. MANGO. PINEAPPLE. RAISINS. WATERMELON.
it does not include perfumes, scented markers, gum in others mouths, candles and room freshoners as well as cleaners. I have reacted to ALL of those as well.

Most people sadly even family members who have not seen my anaphylaptic reactions think it is all in my head. Even though I now have to carry a ebulizer around with 24/7 everywhere I go I still get unbelievers. I wish it was different but its not its the sad state of human stupidness. :oops: I have learned to ignore it as best I can and go cry elsewhere. My mother was a doubter untill she watched me cough and hack for breath as my face swelled in a grocery store. :roll: What can ya say? Except blow them the razberries as you pass.

HUgs and It does get easier though it does tend to be a roller caoster ride you long to get off.

Allergic to tons and tons of food as well as perfumes, scented air sprays and cleaners. Hubby to Fish, ds #2 Shellfish, youngest to Eggplant, potato, Caesin, Raw Tomato & spinach.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:34 am 
Site Admin

When the mrdical community can't find an answer, "Psychological" is an easy way out.
I think the correct term is idiopathic, and no, it doesn't mean the Dr's an idiot (but we could imply if he was to use the psych' easy way out...)
Quote:
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) - Cite This Source - Share This
id·i·o·path·ic Audio Help /ˌɪdiəˈpæθɪk/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[id-ee-uh-path-ik] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
adjective Pathology. of unknown cause, as a disease.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Origin: 1660–70; idio- + -pathic]

—Related forms
id·i·o·path·i·cal·ly, adverb
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)
Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2006.

Me: allergies to some tree that flowers in May
Cat: allergic to beef, pork and lamb