You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:25 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Kyle Dine
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:41 pm 

I am not an organizer...I'm just not capable. But, something needs to be done.

Kyle has helped a lot of people, kids with allergies, their parents, schools....Now, I'd like US to help him. We need to get his music being played in the general population. when my son was younger, he used to watch TreeHouse, and there were a few of the shows that played songs by children's entertainers. Getting Kyle's songs played on children's shows, or radio stations would benefit everyone. Education and enjoyment all in one. If enough people call and ask for his music, they'll have to look at it....won't they? so, those of you with small kids.....what current shows play kids music?

But....shhhhhh! don't tell him about this. :rofl :rofl (as I post it on an open forum) :rofl :rofl

Post subject: Re: Kyle Dine
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:05 pm 

We LOVE ROCKING TO KYLE DINE in our house! :banana I'll think about that Anna Marie, great idea.

Outgrew eggs, fish, shellfish

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:13 pm 

I think the best spot would be Kids CBC. They often have musicians in singing. The featured real life kid scenario the other day was a little girl that wore glasses. Viewers got to accompany her to optometrist appointment. It actually crossed my mine that a feature could be a trip to the allergist!
Maybe next week I can look into this....

Any thoughts?

daughter 2011: severe eczema, no allergies

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:32 am 

On Kyles face book page a parent asked why he doesn't submit his albums for the Juno's - kids entertainer. Kyle replied he has submitted his albums 2x but each time has been turned down for the nomination process. Maybe we need to start a letter writing campaign to the Juno's. Imagine what would happen if he was to play even one of his songs on that stage !!!! :happydance

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:22 am 

I examined the Kids's CBC website and there is a place to email in comments. I wrote in after an episode recently where Patty is making "banana dogs" or something and tells kids to ask their parents about alternatives to the peanut butter spread if they allergic. I pointed out that it perpetuates the only peanut allergy myth and that many children in fact have never had a hot dog bun in their life...and I suggested Kyle as an educational performer to tie it all together.

It was a couple of weeks ago and I haven't heard back - but if people want to blitz CBC with a Kyle Dine request, here is the comment link:

http://www.cbc.ca/kidscbc/#/parents/contact/

daughter 2011: severe eczema, no allergies

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:11 am 

Thanks for the link Ginger. I'll send a quick email also. :thumbsup

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:34 pm 

I'm going to write to
Sesame Street http://www.sesameworkshop.org/inside/contact
ree House TV http://treehousetv.com/content/ContactUs.aspx
TVO also as they do great educational kids programming.
http://www.tvo.org/TVO/WebObjects/TVO.woa?contact

Maybe with enough letters they would do a song segment with Kyle. :happydance I don't know if each province has a similar channel, if yours does send a letter to your own educational kids programming station. :thumbsup

AnnaMarie, I posted your idea and your link on the Kyle Dine face book page :swing asking allergy moms and dads to write into educational programming companies letting them know just how important his music is. Great timing too with so many more kids shows including segments on allergies.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:29 pm 

Playhouse Disney Canada
info@playhousedisneycanada.ca

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:25 pm 

BC2007 wrote:
Playhouse Disney Canada
info@playhousedisneycanada.ca

:goodidea BC2007 They are definitely allergy aware there....although it took a few days for dd to trust...till she really watched how things were handled.....it was really scary some places. (not Disney). I love Disney :D

dh-allergy cats, bugspray and guava, outgrew egg allergy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:42 am 

Just so you all know I received a message from Kyle on face book. He has seen the posts on face book regarding our Allergic Living grass roots write in campaign. said he was overwhelmed by our support and wanted to thank us. I told him I was glad to post but we all have another allergy mom (Anna Marie) to thank for the great idea.

Keep writing people! And since Playhouse Disney Canada works out of Toronto is really is a great place to write as Kyle would be so close to pop over. :lol:

I also wrote to Toronto Breakfast television as May is awareness month and Toronto is hosting the conference. Great timing for an early morning jingle by Kyle. http://www.bttoronto.ca/contact/

I linked mine under 'appear on BT' then attached my letter.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:23 am 

Feel free to cut and paste parts from my letter.

To whom it may concern,

I am writing to you as an allergy mom. Our son ________(gave a personal bit about our son and his allergies) In the past 3 years since _______ first anaphylactic reaction (at just 6 months old) we are pleased to see a little more progress regarding allergy awareness. But the fact is that we aren't there yet, much more allergy education and awareness is needed, that is why I am writing to you today.

I have been pleased to see some children's television episodes lately including some discussion about allergies. What I was hoping was that you would consider having Kyle Dine on your programming to help create even more allergy awareness. Kyle Dine has allergies to peanuts, nuts, eggs, seafood and mustard. He is a Canadian songwriter who creates children's music that educates and entertains about food allergies. He travels Canada and the US sharing his allergy music giving allergy presentations in a fun, positive and entertaining manner. In Support of Food Allergy Awareness Week 2010, Kyle did a broadcast performance for 25,000 students in the state of Texas. He was introduced by country music star Trace Adkins who has a daughter with food allergies and is a supporter of the Food Allergy & Anaphylaxis Network.

We have taken our son to see Kyle perform and he is just spectacular! He had children of all age ranges AND their parents/grandparents standing up dancing , clapping and singing. Kyle is a remarkable song writer and performer, I feel he would be perfect for kids TV. Kyles lyrics and emotional connection to the kids is so great as he doesn't just sing about allergies, he HAS allergies. This is no small thing among allergy children, to see Kyle wearing an epipen like they do, to see him also wearing his medical ID just like they do. To know he understands the struggles and emotions that they also go though every single day is life changing for an allergic child.

Kyle Dine's Allergy Music Topics

Food Allergy Support for Children
Allergic Reactions
Food Allergy Symptoms
Allergy Safe at Schools
Food Allergy Symptoms
Anaphylaxis
Auto-Injectors (i.e. EpiPen & Twinject)
Medical ID's (i.e. MedicAlert Bracelet)
Reading Food Ingredient Lists
Looking at the Bright Side
Eating safely with Food Allergies
Staying Confident with Allergies

Kyle Dine's music appeals to those with and without allergies, each song is fun but holds an important message. To listen to clips from both his CD's 'You Must Be Nuts' and 'Food Allergies Rock' click on this link: http://www.kyledine.com/CD.htm

Kyles music has not only helps our son learn about his allergies and how to keep safe but they also help me educate our family and friends about DS's allergies. On some very difficult days as an allergy mom Kyle's music has even helped me. When food feels more like a four letter word I listen to Kyle's CD 'Food Allergies Rock' and play "It's Just Food". This song really does help me as it's message is so positive and true, the bottom line is , it's just food. Other songs such as don't keep a reaction a secret are so important in helping keep allergic children safe. "My Epineph-Friend" has been stuck in my head for months now as is the most amazing song "Food Allergies Rock". Here are a few lyrics to show you just what a powerful song this is. You might find it odd to think of a room of allergic children rocking it out to a song called Food Allergies Rock but this is a favorite for all. It is powerful, empowering, positive and fun. Kyle's songs help teach those with allergies that they can do anything and be anything as long as they stay safe. For those without allergies Kyle's songs/performances are interactive and in a fun entertaining manner Kyle teaches allergy awareness.

I leave you with a few of the lyrics from Food Allergies Rock.
I sincerely hope your programming department looks into booking Kyle. Please listen to his song clips from the link above ( http://www.kyledine.com/CD.htm) His performances are truly amazing and would benefit so many.

Warmly an allergy mom
_______________________(name)

....Just a few things that I can't eat
But none of it in my favorite treat
I can stay safe and I can stay well
Because I stay alert after the dinner bell...

....food allergies rock....

...I could be a doctor or an astronaut
Whatever I choose I can reach the top
So I have food allergies
But I won't let them define me

...food allergies rock....

...I can read labels like I read a book
And I'm so creative when I try to cook
I can eat healthy things like fruit
For every thing I can't there's a substitute..

....food allergies rock...

I can be brave and speak up for myself
I can find safe foods on a cupboard shelf
Teach my friends what they're all about
And I'll be just fine living without...

...FOOD ALLERGIES ROCK.....!

Last edited by BC2007 on Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:43 pm 

Everyone keep writing to TVO (kids educational tv) .they responded that my email will in fact be forwarded to the programming producers for a further look.

Here's all the other links in one spot so its easier to attach to all at once.

http://www.cbc.ca/kidscbc/#/parents/contact/
TVO (out of Toronto: Ontario kids educational TV)
http://www.bttoronto.ca/contact/ Breakfast TV Toronto
info@playhousedisneycanada.ca Playhouse Disney TV (out of Toronto)
http://www.sesameworkshop.org/inside/contact Sesame Street
http://treehousetv.com/content/ContactUs.aspx Tree House TV

Last edited by BC2007 on Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:47 pm 

AnnaMarie wrote:
I am not an organizer...I'm just not capable. But, something needs to be done.

Well, if anyone needs any organizing help, it looks like BC2007 is a good person to know. :huggy
:thumbsup This is such a great forum... :bouncyblue

dh-allergy cats, bugspray and guava, outgrew egg allergy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:03 am 

From Mr. Kyle Dine himself: "Michelle (but he means all of us) - you are fantastic! Thank you! If any of these opportunities happened, I would love to have a full group of kids with allergies rocking out with me on T.V!
:happydance

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:23 pm 

Keep writing and especially be sure to attach to CBC kids,
http://www.cbc.ca/kidscbc/#/parents/contact/ they just sent me this email. :swing :happydance :banana

Hello.

Thanks for your email about Kyle Dine and allergies. We really appreciate your feedback, and your email has been forwarded to the Producer for Kids' Canada. If you'd like to send in additional material, you can mail it to the addresses at the bottom of this email.

The production team is currently looking at musical submissions for this year and we will make sure that Kyle is one of the artists they consider.

We also want to thank you for your suggestion to produce segments on allergy awareness, and we'll keep it in mind when producing future segments for Kids' Canada.

Have a great day!

Kids' CBC

CBC Children's & Youth Programming

PO Box 500, Station "A"

Toronto ON M5W 1E6

Courier:

CBC Children's & Youth Programming

205 Wellington St. W

Toronto ON M5V 3G7