You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:26 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:20 am 

http://www.cetaphil.ca/En/Products/Ingredients.aspx

I read a mom's post who's daughter had a reaction to one of the Cetaphil products, I see that maccadamia oil is listed in many products and also products which list almond oil. :frightened INSANE for a targeted eczema product as those with eczema are also usually the ones who tend to also have allergies?? :scratchy
I do not know if there is a difference in Canadian/US varieties....but as we have readers from all over I thought I'd share.

aqua (purified water/eau purifiée), glyceryl polymethacrylate (and) propylene glycol, petrolatum, dicaprylyl ether, glyceryl stearate (and) PEG-30 stearate, glycerin, dimethicone (and) dimethiconol, cetyl alcohol, prunus amygdalus dulcis (sweet almond) oil, acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, tocopheryl acetate, phenoxyethanol, benzyl alcohol, disodium EDTA, sodium hydroxide

aqua (purified water/eau purifiée), glycerin, hydrogenated polyisobutene, cetearyl alcohol (and) ceteareth-20, macadamia integrifolia seed oil, butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), tocopheryl acetate, cyclopentasiloxane, sodium PCA, cyclopentasiloxane (and) dimethiconol, benzyl alcohol, phenoxyethanol, panthenol, sodium polyacrylate, farnesol, stearoxytrimethylsilane (and) stearyl alcohol, acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, citric acid, sodium hydroxide

Outgrew eggs, fish, shellfish

Last edited by BC2007 on Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:32 am 
Site Admin

Wow! :frightened

Thanks for sharing!

Me: allergies to some tree that flowers in May
Cat: allergic to beef, pork and lamb

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:13 pm 

An allergy mom told me today that a Head and Shoulders shampoo had almond oil in it. I don't know which exact variety of H&S she was talking about....but I think this is a huge reminder to me to really start checking ALL shampoos etc. even more closely. Seems like there is a not so good trend right now where companies are adding more and more nut oils instead of less. :|

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:25 pm 

mmmm.... I remember when egg was a big thing in hair conditioner....sometimes, we still see that.

BC2007 you said
Quote:
INSANE for a targeted eczema product as those with eczema are also usually the ones who tend to also have allergies??
I agree.

dh-allergy cats, bugspray and guava, outgrew egg allergy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:48 am 

http://www.amazon.com/Head-Shoulders-Da ... B0015KO3MU

WHY do more and more products have to add nut oils. Another allergy mom told me about it but I had never seen it myself. well here it is Head and shoulders with almond oil!!! :banghead :banghead :banghead