You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:52 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Feeling a bit down....
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:15 pm 

Yesterday was a bit hard, nothing major, just a bunch of things adding up.

1) Went to shop for a new chapstick, picked up a tube of Blistex Silk & Shine, 1st ingredient is Arachidyl Alcohol.

2) Got an email from DS's soccer coach, he's taking the team to DQ for an end of season celebration.

3) A friend is travelling 1st class somewhere (by air) posted a pic of her supper. Grilled chicken on a bed of lettuce with toasted pecans, and a bowl of mixed nuts on the tray.

Sigh.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:31 am 

Becky,

Sending you an online hug! It is hard sometimes dealing with allergies. Nonallergic people don't understand the many ways that allergies affect our lives. But please know that it does get easier as time goes by, and you have lots of people in this community to support you and give you strength! All the best,

Soccermom

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:11 pm 
Site Admin

:huggy Soccermom's right! You are allowed to have moments like that. Personally, there have been many times ovet the years that I simply felt like crying when standing in the store aisle looking at all yhose smiling chocolate bunnies etc. staring blankly.

This is a hard time of the year. Summer is here and while that might be carefree for others, it mean changes in our routines and that is always hard.

It might help to know that you're not alone. Here are a couple of things to look at:
http://www.rantsfrommommyland.com/2011/ ... y-mom.html
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=111

If the mood last longer than a few days or if you find it severely interferes with your daily life, you might want to talk to your doctor about it. Many allergists are recognising that many patients can benefit from including psychologist in their healthcare team.

Me: allergies to some tree that flowers in May
Cat: allergic to beef, pork and lamb

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:01 pm 

Awww, hugs to you, Becky! I feel like that sometimes too. Sometimes everything seems manageable, then other times it feels like I can't keep up with all the parties and school activities, and the allergies make everything so hard.

I've heard about business and first class often having nuts, and if it's any consolation, they usually have their own bathrooms and their own flight attendants, so there isn't much mixing of people or items. Our family is all height challenged, so we have no real need to fly business or first class - too expensive!!!

I wonder if you can bring your DS a chapman's ice cream sandwich or something to eat at DQ? I know, it's not quite the same, and doesn't seem fair, but would he be ok with that?