You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:21 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 12:05 am 

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18865125/

I've also noticed all the toxic chemicals used in adult shampoos are also used in baby shampoos. :x

How do we stop this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:38 pm 

Don't buy their products...and call them to tell them why :!: Consumers have more effect on markets than they realize. A&P now has Chapman's Ice cream back in their stores...why?...because enough of us complained!
There are other companies out there that sell more natural products. We have four asthmatic, allergic kids and we have no toxic chemicals used in our home, not only cleaners but also all other products you need within your home. We use a company which has over 350 toxic free products ...everything from tub cleaner to toothpaste. People just get into the habit of buying what they see in the stores because its cheap and available. But if you buy cheap, you get cheap. You can choose a hot dog or a steak...they basically do the same job (fill you up) but one is definately better quality and healtheir for you than the other. Me....I'd rather have the steak...especially where my kids are concerned.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:54 pm 

Yes. That's what I'm doing. I started buying eco friendly products. I like shopping at EarthFare and World Market. And I purpose try not to buy P&G.

And I do email the companies and they do usually reply. So I get my two cents in. I have noticed some small changes and would like to think I helped.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:44 pm 

The mildest shampoo being sold today is CA Baby. I use their Body Wash and Shampoo for Sensitive Skin. Don't buy it if it smells strong or is too yellow. I only buy the ones that are very light (pale) because then I know it's mild. Target sells it.