You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:59 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Enzymes
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:03 am 

I was wondering what your thoughts are on this.

We have used All Free & Clear detergent Since dd was an infant. About a year ago I decided that it would be better for the environment if we went with Mrs. Meyers lemon verbana detergent! I loved it, but dd had a rash for about a month before it occurred to me that it may be the new detergent. (Duh!) Anyways, the doctor kind of downplayed my belief that it was the "active enzymes" in the product. It was the only thing that I found on the label thatI thought could be the culprit...

So, I was wondering if any of you have had similar experiences with enzyme sensitivities or detergents like this. Btw, no other detergent caused her these kind of problems. Even Tide and Gain and all that when she was an infant just seemed to possibly exacerbate her eczema...

Daughter, 3 - peanut, tree nuts, crustacean, dust mites, cottonseed oil, sunflower oil, mangoes, mustard, and very mild outdoor allergies, eczema, asthma

Son, 2 - asthma, mild eczema, peanut, mild soy, mild egg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:45 am 

I have used Tide Free for many years. When I switched to another product (per the allergists request) my poor son's eczema flared up really bad so I switched back to Tide Free and he was back to normal fairly quickly. I gave the other stuff away. We've used Tide Free ever since and I will never switch to anything else ever again!