Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:40 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:17 am 

This was in our local newspaper comment section

Re: Leave Perfume at Home, Letter, June 18
To the lady who vented about people not wearing perfume to outdoor events (e.g. the Blues Festival), I have some advice for her: go to plan B – move. For it is a very big venue and don‘t expect others to change just for you. Many people have sensitivities. I also have asthma, so I make adjustments accordingly.
Plan B is very handy to carry in your pocket for many other unexpected issues that may arise.
P.S. I love my White Diamonds and shall continue to enjoy it as long as I can.

Unfortunately this attitude is what we have to deal with relating to any allergy issues.
On a positive note I have a grievance meeting in the near future with my employer to bring about change to a scent free workplace. Many of my co-workers support this even though management does not.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:30 am 
Site Admin

I just love those who feel they can dump on you and qualify it with "I have asthma/allergies too" (like this makes it OK?) :roll:
It reminds me of those who would say spout bigotry and then say, "But I'm not racist, some of my friends are black."

This person doesn't get it! The original poster said that she has had to leave events, not simply move to another location due to reactions. Once you start down the path of reacting, laying back on your blanket and enjoying the tunes is ruined. Knowing that some self absorbed individual who ought to get it but refuses to is to blame is like rubbing salt into the wound! :banghead

Me: allergies to some tree that flowers in May
Cat: allergic to beef, pork and lamb