You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:19 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:59 am 

Thanks Susan and stefteach. Good points (especially about the post-holiday blues!!) It would help if my kids would stop waking me up in the middle of the night and let me get some sleep...! :shock: (I need an emoticon with bags under wild-looking eyes - LOL)

K.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:06 pm 

I wish for sleep also. My little ones do not sleep well either. My son who is 3 has never slept well in his life and my daughter wakes me up about once a night also. I worry about whether it is asthma again.

Anyways, we have somewhat the same problem with processed foods - my daughter does not like them. I bought the old El Paso taco kit and she hated tacos. She does not like Enjoy Life granola bars either. So homemade it is... After her disappointing RAST results this fall I realized that her hope for a more normal lifestyle would come from a vaccine or cure.

One thing cheered me up about allergies this holiday however. CBC showed the movie Supersize Me. It reminded me of the dangerous lifestyle many non-allergic people live by eating processed and take out. Prior to her diagnosis we ate out regularly also.
Hang in there Karen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:38 pm 

Yes, Supersize Me cheered me up quite a bit when I watched it. LOL.

We still have our Swiss Chalet whole chicken, so life could be worse. At least, we have it for my youngest... my oldest is allergic to chicken. But he can have pizza. So there. Life is good. :lol:

K.