You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:46 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 3:29 pm 

Has anyone else that is allergic to flaxseed had a reaction to the new omega-3 eggs? The eggs are produced by feeding high levels of omega-3 from flaxseed or other oils. The company says that the flaxseed should not come through the chickens digestive tract and into the egg so there should be no allergic response. If that's true then the omega-3 should also not get into the eggs and therefore the advertising is false. I am really concerned about others that may have a more severe reaction than I did. Also if the allergy to the flaxseed comes through then all the other warnings that go along with flaxseed should be headed also. Flaxseed can interfere with blood thinning drugs (coumadin/warfarin), causing the person to have uncontrolled bleeding. Another problem with flaxseed is that it can cause mania in a person that is manic depressive. And another problem is it can cause spontaneous abortion.
Since flaxseed is fairly new to our diets there may be quit a few people that don't even know they are allergic to it. My husband is on a health kick and insisted we try flaxseed 2 months ago. I put it in some cookies and discovered I was very allergic. Last Friday I tried the omega-3 eggs from egglands best and had the exact same reaction as to the flaxseed. Anyone else know or had a recent allergy attack and didn't know the cause and also ate the omega-3 eggs.