Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:24 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:23 pm 

Any thougths?
Is it too good to be true?
Just found this today, friend suggested.

http://www.nuhealth.ca/allergies.shtml
http://www.allergyelimination.biz/index.htm

Thank you.
I am exited but so scared, would you try it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 4:22 pm 

I'll vote with the *too good to be true*. ;)

Quote:
Foods, for example, consist of vitamins and minerals. Some vitamins and minerals contain a negative charge while others contain a positive charge. Likewise, various cells of various organs consist of negative charges, while others consist of a positive charge. During the assimilation process, digested food molecules circulate within the bloodstream. As positively charged particles pass negatively charged cells within the body, they immediately attract and are utilized. Conversely, negatively charged particles attract to positively charged tissue cells. If the body does not recognize or "resonate" with any given substance, it may trigger and immune response, or it may not. Yet, it is still rejected.

After reading portions of both links, it sounds like they can cure you of the reactions you didn't even know you were having. :shock: But, I wouldn't trust it for the ones I know about.

I was impressed though. Regarding anaphylactic reactions, they actually stated that the patient must get their doctor's OK before undergoing the treatment. And, they also state not to eat the allergen until your own doctor agrees it is safe.

So, while it sounds like hocus pocus to me -- it doesn't sound as dangerous as a lot of the magic people are selling.

This is just my own opinion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 4:39 pm 
Site Admin

Yup, too good to be true.

We've discussed BIE in this thread:

http://www.allergicliving.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=13551&sid=4e7de6758e84ad941e83e97546630bac

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:47 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
BIE is a Canadian technology which eliminates allergies. It is a profoundly simple and non-invasive approach which uses water and electro-magnetic energy to provide relief from any allergy.

Whoo-boy! Let me sit in a bathtub with a bunch of magnets! :roll:

Me: allergies to some tree that flowers in May
Cat: allergic to beef, pork and lamb

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:27 am 

Actually Susan, my son would enjoy that. :lol: He used to have these bath toys that stuck to the side of the tub because they were magnets. (None of my kids have food allergies, but they all do have some allergies.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:30 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
He used to have these bath toys that stuck to the side of the tub because they were magnets. (None of my kids have food allergies...

Watch out AnnaMarie-they might want to use that as a testimonial! :P

Me: allergies to some tree that flowers in May
Cat: allergic to beef, pork and lamb

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:55 pm 

Susan, you make me laugh. :lol:

K.

Post subject: ...
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:20 pm 

http://www.naturalhealthtech.com/

Friend who told me about this actually took her doughter in, and she had tree sessions.
This Mr.Tomilson said kid is not allergic anymore.
Kid is 10 years old, severely allergic to peanuts.
I'm sceptical too, but who in a right mind would play with someone's life like that.
I can't take it out of my mind.

Honestly, I hope it works...will see...
Thanks for your comments

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:59 pm 

:oops:
three(3) sessions !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:01 pm 
Site Admin

FYI, Sofia, just click on the "edit" button at the top right of a post if you want to change what you've written - or fix a typo.

That's hugely scary. Is this person actually going to give peanut to her daughter? Try to urge her to at least go for an oral challenge at a bona fide allergist's office. That way, the test will be stopped if she starts to react. And there's epinephrine and an expert close at hand.

A child can outgrow peanut allergy, but that still happens in only 20 per cent of kids with p.a. To do so on the basis of something that's not accepted science - I just can't fathom why people would take such risks.

Post subject: anyone tried BIE?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:27 am 

This is all very interesting to me. We just took our 3 year old son for a BIE treatment last night. Here's the link for the clinic, if you are interested in reading about it.
http://www.insideoutnaturalhealth.com/p ... ntact.html
They also recommend that you get clearance from your medical allergist before exposing yourself (or your child) to anything that you have been diagnosed as allergic too. This particular clinic works directly with some medical allergists. Maybe it is "hocus-pocus", but if there is even the slightest chance that it may work, I am willing to try. I would be very interested in hearing from anyone who has any experience with BIE treatment.
PS - we are not exposing our child to anything he is allergic to until we see our allergist

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:21 pm 

Amags,
what did your allergist say about this?
I asked ours last week and his response was " in my opinion these people should be in jail" :shock:
How is your child feeling?
Friends of mine that took there daughter for BIE say she is felling great.They will repeat RAST in September.I can't wait to hear results.This is a child whose RAST for peanuts was a 100 last year this time.
I am so curios about this, I want to believe that it will work, even it is irrational.
All the best

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:53 pm 

I want to add a bit of advice for anyone considering this -- or any other non-traditional *treatments*.

First -- always talk to your doctor about it. Some *treatments* tell you to stop traditional treatments. (This one does not appear to in any of the links I checked -- but I have seen that with other things.) If your doctor advises against it -- don't lie to him if you decide to go ahead with it anyway. Often one thing will counteract with another. That's why your doctor needs to know all treatments you are recieving. An example of this is that some anti-biotics make birth control pills ineffective.

Second -- unless it is an approved treatment, provincial health care won't cover it. Neither will private health care. Make sure you get all costs up front.

Third -- use caution. Don't believe your allergy is *cured* unless you have the agreement of your allergist. Get re-tested before trying to eat your allergen. (That is also advised on the link in this thread.)

Fourth -- try not to get your hopes up too high. Sometimes people outgrow allergies. If you know one person that a treatment worked for, keep in mind that it could be that they outgrew it at the same time they were going through the treatment. Even adults can outgrow allergies -- my sister did at around 50 years old.

Fifth (and final) -- make sure you are not jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire. Check if there are any side effects or risks. And don't just believe the people that are selling it. Investigate yourself. I have no idea how to investigate -- personally I chose to let the Canadian government do that for me -- and I don't go for treatments until they are approved. Any treatment that is in the *human trial* stage heading towards government approval can prove that to you -- and they will be affiliated with hospitals or organizations that you can verify information with.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:26 pm 

Thank you AnnaMarie,
I agree with you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:12 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks AM. Wisely put.