It is currently Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:11 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:32 am 
Site Admin

I recieved this e-mail and thought others might be interested:

Quote:
Anaphylaxis Canada's Spring Conference

Food for thought: translating research into practice

Save the date! Anaphylaxis Canada will be holding its 3rd annual community conference in Toronto on Saturday, May 8th, 2010 at the Ontario Science Centre. The theme of this year's conference is food allergy research.

Come hear from some of Canada's top allergy researchers and policy makers including:

Dr. Susan Waserman and Dr. Manel Jordana - update on peanut allergy research

Dr. Ann Clarke - overview of food allergy prevalence in Canada

Dr. Lisa Cicutto - anaphylaxis policies and management in schools

Dr. Samuel Godefroy - Health Canada update on food allergen labelling regulations

The conference is open to anyone with an interest in anaphylaxis, including patients, parents of children at-risk, educators, healthcare professionals, child care staff and other caregivers.

Look for more details on the conference and how to register on our website at www.anaphylaxis.ca in January 2010.

Anaphylaxis Canada

Me: allergies to some tree that flowers in May
Cat: allergic to beef, pork and lamb

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:27 pm 

I went to the conference that they had in Edmonton last April, and it was amazing! I met Kyle Dine & Sara Shannon, Laurie Harada ... so many people that we are all so familiar with. I learned so, so much, and came out of there feeling so much more reassured about my child's allergies. I HIGHLY recommend making a determined effort to go to this if you can. There were also many sponsors who set up booths in the foyer, so we were able to pick up / purchase many allergy supplies as well .... like a coveted chocolate bunny (just in time for Easter!) from Guardian Angel Foods - which would have cost me an arm and a leg to ship out west (they don't stock any grocery stores west of Ontario).

I actually informed my parent council about the conference before I went, and asked to be allowed to share some learning with them afterwards .... a GREAT way to bring the discussion of allergies to the table. Seems they were much more interested to hear info coming from experts rather than just a Mom.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:38 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
As you may be aware, Anaphylaxis Canada is hosting a one day community conference in Toronto on May 8th.

Further to the e-bulletin you received below, we are pleased to let you know that we have extended the Early Bird registration deadline to March 8th.

In addition, due to further sponsorship funding we've received for the conference, we were able to reduce the registration fees as follows:
· For Anaphylaxis Canada Members: $75 per person
· For Non-members: $85 per person

Register before March 8th and receive an additional savings of $10 per registrant.

For our Youth Session, the fee has also been reduced to $20 per attendee. (Please note: each youth registrant must be accompanied by a parent attending the conference).

For more information on how to register and conference details, please visit our website at www.anaphylaxis.ca and click on "Spring Conference 2010".

Anaphylaxis Canada will be holding its 3rd annual community conference in Toronto on Saturday, May 8th, 2010 at the Ontario Science Centre. The theme of this year's conference is food allergy research.

Come hear from some of Canada's top allergy researchers and policy makers including:
· Dr. Susan Waserman and Dr. Manel Jordana - update on peanut allergy research
· Dr. Ann Clarke - overview of food allergy prevalence in Canada
· Dr. Lisa Cicutto - anaphylaxis management in schools
· Dr. Samuel Godefroy - Health Canada update on food allergen labelling regulations

This conference will provide delegates with an update on the latest food allergy research being conducted in Canada. Our distinguished speakers bring a wealth of knowledge and experience regarding anaphylaxis and will be available to answer delegates' questions after each presentation.

An exhibit area will also be open during the conference showcasing various products and services from local and national vendors.

Registration opens at 8:00 am. Your registration includes the full day conference, a copy of Anaphylaxis in Schools & Other Settings (national anaphylaxis guidelines), sponsor samples, handouts, lunch and refreshments.

Youth Conference
Anaphylaxis Canada's Youth Advisory Panel will be holding a half-day afternoon session for youth with food allergies, aged 13 to 21 years. The session will be led by Kyle Dine, Youth Program Coordinator, and will focus on the issues faced by this group and the risk management strategies available to them.

For more details on the conference and how to register, visit our website at www.anaphylaxis.ca and click on "Toronto Conference 2010".
Please feel free to forward this invitation to others in your community who maybe interested in attending this conference.

We look forward to seeing you in May!

Anaphylaxis Canada

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:46 pm 
Site Admin

Anaphylaxis Canada’s Spring Conference in Toronto will feature an afternoon Youth Workshop.
Youth (age 13‐21 yrs) with food allergies will spend an afternoon of fun, learning, and discussion of topics in a “youth only” setting. They will listen to others talk about their experiences with travelling, dating, high school, dining out, college/university, and how they’ve managed to juggle allergies with a normal teenage life.

Quote:
When – Saturday May 8th, 2010

Where – The Ontario Science Centre, Toronto
Price - $20.00

Please Note – All teens under age 18 must attend the conference with a parent/guardian. This means that a parent/guardian must be registered for the full day conference. Adults can receive our early bird special (ending March 8th) and can register online at: http://acconference.eventbrite.com/. The youth registration form can be accessed directly at: http://www.anaphylaxis.ca/pdf/Teen%20Re ... 20Conf.pdf

This afternoon session will be presented by Anaphylaxis Canada’s Youth Advisory Panel (YAP). This interactive session will be filled with open discussions, and teen presentations on key topics. It’s a great opportunity to meet new friends, share experiences, and learn how others have managed their allergies in different situations. This session will be led by Kyle Dine, Youth Program Coordinator, and will focus on the issues faced by youth and the risk management strategies available to them. Prizes will be given away throughout the session as part of afternoon competitions including:

· Food Allergy Jeopardy
· Battle of the Sexes
· What’s the Risk?

For more information on the session and how to register, please visit www.anaphylaxis.ca and click on “Spring Conference 2010”

The Youth Workshop can also be found on Facebook. Join the discussion here. Please share with others who would be interested.