You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:16 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:23 pm 

https://www.facebook.com/video/video.ph ... 3&comments

for the link to watch the CNN interview

Outgrew eggs, fish, shellfish

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:36 pm 

http://amfix.blogs.cnn.com/2011/04/11/f ... peaks-out/
The above seems to work better for me...the sound was a little off thru fb...thx for posting but I'm not sure I am going to fb....I really like it here (al forum) better.

....I hate that he had to answer the question about homeschooling......that's not right....isn't education there for everyone? and hats off to that friend to be there for him.....I cannot even go there in my mind to think that this happened to this family ....... there is that picture out there on the Ab. leg. grounds -green advocating signs -that are positive, out there somewhere....can someone show that instead of those other awful things......

edit add - grrr...I just lost my whole edit.....anyway...I do realize that the interviewer was only asking the question cuz some people do.....but, I hate that question.....having been told that maybe I should keep my dd home while everyone eats a pancake breafast....if I'm uncomforable with that???? How about everybody get with the program and have an learning session once a year with the staff!and anybody else that would like to learn....and what do the unions say about all this...members, any thoughts? We never asked for anything special except for that yearly inservice which was like pulling teeth every year.....sometimes there was a huuuuuuuge roadblock and all I wanted was for everyone to get educated in the education system in the event of an emergency. I love that this parent is willing to speak out....just that takes a whole lot of courage sometimes.

dh-allergy cats, bugspray and guava, outgrew egg allergy

Last edited by alberta advocate on Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:51 pm 
Site Admin

Dad did amazing on such an emotional issue! I'd have been a babbling fool. :freak

Me: allergies to some tree that flowers in May
Cat: allergic to beef, pork and lamb

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:03 pm 

...speaking of babbling fool, go back as I added an edit...was trying to be quick with the edit the first time and lost it.... :damnedcomputer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:30 pm 

Just leafing through this week's issue of Macleans, and saw a blurb about a town in Florida called Edgewater .... then I realized that I had heard of this place before! Maybe there's something in the water in Edgewater causing adults to lose their minds.... you really won't believe this one ...this particular housing development wants to ban kids from playing tag!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ds-newsxml

Some select quotes:

Parents could be fined up to $100 for letting their children play outside their home.

Children would not be allowed to play outside on their own and the association want to restrict the type of toys that can be played with. Loud toys and skateboards would be banned.

http://www.imperfectparent.com/topics/2 ... ds-inside/

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:22 pm 

Tourism in Edgewater must be quiet these days...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:26 pm 

I was thinking the exact same thing. I posted on the fb page how ironic it is that Edgewater is the 'city of hospitality', Kim, Tracey's friend posted that it must be a typo at city hall, it's the city of hostility. :wink:

I hope things calm down there and rational heads prevail. Wow what an ordeal, I can't imagine how exhausted the family is feeling. What a roller coaster ride of emotions for them the past month.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:01 pm 

I have been telling my daughter about the situation in Florida and she has talked with her friends. They really don't get it and it upset my daughter a lot that parents would protest. Really hope their administrators get firm with objecting parents.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:14 pm 

BC2007 wrote:
I was thinking the exact same thing. I posted on the fb page how ironic it is that Edgewater is the 'city of hospitality', Kim, Tracey's friend posted that it must be a typo at city hall, it's the city of hostility. :wink:
edit-I forgot to say :rofl and thanks for the ha ha....sometimes a person really needs one in a crazy situation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:28 am 

Man they wasted a lot of money on letter head at city hall. :freak I can see all the notes from this situation, each one titled, 'Edgewater, City of Hospitality'. :freak I am still shocked that no one from the political world, state dept. of education etc. etc. etc. have ever stepped in to put an end to this.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:58 pm 

check out the replies http://amfix.blogs.cnn.com/2011/04/11/f ... peaks-out/

and all I wanted in Alberta was for educators to be educated on the subject....still seems like a good idea.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8